REGISTRATION AND SIGN IN :
1. How do I register with BookMyShow?
Click on the 'Register' link on the homepage of bookmyshow.com. Enter your full name, Email id., contact number, password and click on 'Submit' and you are registered with us.
2. Is it necessary to register for booking tickets?
Our registered users can avail the exciting offers available on our website.
Although registering is not a compulsion, we would suggest you to register on our website, since it would allow you to view your entire booking history and avail the exciting offers.
3. Why am I being asked for my Mobile number?
Well, the simplest reason being that it is for the security of your transaction and also so that the booking confirmation can be sent to you via SMS. What's more, you also get the dope on discounts and offers.
4. What are the benefits of registering on the site?
By registering, you get access to your booking history on the site. You can also opt to get information on special offers. Our registered users can also avail the exciting offers available on our website.
5. I have forgotten my password, how do I proceed?
On the bookmyshow.com home page, enter your username in the login box on the top right hand corner, click on the Forgot Password link, and the password will be emailed to you on the email address registered with us.
TICKET BOOKING :
Before booking Tickets :
1. When does advance booking open on BookMyShow?When does advance booking open on BookMyShow?
Commencement of booking depends entirely on cinema planning and the release date of the movie. Whenever the cinema opens the show for advance booking, the show is automatically made available on BookMyShow.
2. Do you charge extra fees for a booking?
BookMyShow internet handling fees of Rs. 5/- to Rs. 25/- (depending on the ticket price) per ticket and service tax on the convenience fee w.e.f. July 1, 2009. Plus government taxes if applicable.
3. Can I choose my seat at the cinema?
Absolutely, this is one of the most beneficial features we offer so that our customers have a good ticketing experience. You have the choice of selecting or changing your seats at every step of the transaction. This facility is available to only those venues that offer seat selection.
4. How many tickets can I book in one transaction?
You are allowed a maximum of 10 tickets per transaction in each area category of the cinema screen. The maximum quantity of tickets available may vary from time to time. Incase you wish to book more than 10 tickets, please feel free to contact us on 022 39895050.
5. Is there a telephone number where I can contact you and book my tickets?
Apart from web bookings, we also offer a 24/7 Contact Centre booking service.You can call 39895050 from Mumbai, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Pune, Hyderabad and Bangalore at local call rates. From other cities please prefix 022 and call us on 022 39895050 This number is accessible through land lines, GSM and CDMA phones.
6. Is there a cut off time for booking tickets?
The cut-off time for booking may vary from cinema to cinema as it is governed by the cinema. It's usually 1-2 hours before the show start time.
7. Minimum age of children to buy a ticket:
Rest of the cities: Children aged 3 years and above will require a separate ticket.
INOX: Z Square, Bada Chauraha, Kanpur: Children aged 5 years and above will require a separate ticket.
During Booking Tickets :
1. How can I confirm whether my tickets have been booked?
As soon as your booking is confirmed, a confirmation e-mail and SMS containing your booking details is sent across to the contact details entered while booking. In case you have not received the confirmation e-mail/SMS, please click on the 'Resend Confirmation' button on the homepage and enter the contact details used while transacting, a confirmation e-mail/SMS would be resent to you.
2. I booked tickets through the website but did not get the confirmation email / SMS.
In case your confirmation details are lost, click on the 'Resend Confirmation' link on the website to resend the confirmation e-mail and SMS. Alternately, please call us on 022-39895050 ext 1 for assistance.
3. Procedure to book tickets through bookmyshow.com:
1. Log on to www.bookmyshow.com
2. Register yourself(We Recommend!) Sign in or 'Fconnect'
3. Select the desired City. On selecting a specific region, you would be able to view all the current and upcoming events in that paritcular City/Region.
4. Select movie/cinema, date & time
5. Select the seating category and the no. of seats.
6. 'Choose Seats' as per your preference.
7. Click on 'Continue'
8. Crosscheck your show details and the amount payable in the Order Summary.
9. Click on 'Proceed to Payment' to go ahead with your booking.
10. Enter your Email Id and Mobile no. in order to get the booking confirmation email and SMS.
11. Choose the preferred Mode of Payment.
12. Enter your Card number and other card details.
13. Read and Check 'I Agree to the Terms and Conditions'
14. Click on 'My payment' to save your card details to make a faster payment the next time you book tickets on our website. (We Recommend!)
15.Click on 'Avail Discounts & Offers' to avail the various exciting offers available on our website (Only if you are signed in)
16. Click on 'Proceed Payment'
17. You will receive a booking confirmation number. A confirmation email and SMS will be sent across to you.
18. The Credit/Debit Card holder or the accountholder incase of a netbanking transaction need to be present during time of ticket collection. In a rare case, if you do not receive the email or SMS, please check for the booking history(For Registered users) on the website, or click on the 'Resend Confirmation' option to get a new confirmation.
19. You can also contact us on 022-39895050 ext 1, chat with us or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show!
After Booking Tickets:
1. Will my movie tickets be delivered after my booking is completed?
Your movie tickets are confirmed and paid for, and need to be collected from the box office counter at the cinema. You can visit the cinema at any time before the show and collect your tickets from the box office. Please note that you will be required to show the Credit/Debit card used while transacting along with the confirmation E-mail/SMS and sign on the acknowledgement slip while collecting the tickets.
2. Do I need to carry my Credit/ Debit card when I collect my tickets?
Yes. It is necessary to carry the Credit/ Debit card used for booking when you pick the tickets from the cinema. This is to ensure that the person booking the ticket is the bonafide owner of the card.
3. What do I carry while collecting the tickets incase of a Net Banking Transaction.
For movie bookings, tickets need to be collected from the cinema box office or automated kiosk available at the cinema. Tickets once confirmed can be collected any time prior or at the show time by presenting a copy of the confirmation e-mail or SMS and the original photo ID proof incase of booking through a Netbanking payment mode.
4. I have booked tickets on my credit card for my friends/family, but I cannot attend the show personally. How do I ensure that they will be issued tickets at the cinema without my card?
In a rare case scenario, where the cardholder is absent during the collection of tickets, the person collecting the tickets needs to show the photocopy of the front and reverse side of your card which should be signed by the cardholder along with the confirmation mail/sms. We recommend you scratch off the CVV number for security reasons. Enjoy the show!
5. How much time before the show do I have to collect my tickets?
Since the ticket is already paid for, it is available for collection at the box office at any time before the show. However, we recommend collecting the ticket 10-15 minutes earlier in case of a last minute queue at the box office.
6. My booking number is __________. Can you check and revert if my booking is confirmed?
If you are a registered user, please login with your username and password. Then check the Booking History section, which will show a list of all bookings done by you. If the booking details show up in this section, then your booking has been successful. Alternately, call our helpdesk on 022-39895050 ext 1, chat with us or email us at. email@example.com
7. I accidentally booked my tickets for today instead of tomorrow, can you change the tickets?
Tickets once booked are deemed sold. Hence it is not possible to cancel, replace or refund a confirmed booking.
8. Can I change my seat numbers?
No. It is not possible to change the seat numbers of a ticket once booked
9. Can I change the show time that I have booked for?
Once a ticket is booked, it is deemed as sold and there is no privilege to revise the booking details.
10. Can we cancel or replace our tickets?
As per government regulations, once a ticket has been paid for, it is deemed sold. It cannot be replaced or cancelled.
Verified By Visa - MasterCard Secure Code
The RBI has made it mandatory, from 1st August 2009 onwards, for all online transactions to have an extra level of authentication to make online shopping safer. The 'extra' level is a password that you will have to enter after entering your credit/debit card details while making online payments. You will require this for transacting on any website in India, including BookMyShow. This new technology is called VBV - Verified by Visa or MSC - MasterCard Secure Code
1. How do I get this 'extra password'?
It's simple. Log on to your bank's website, register your card for Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode and get your password. Each bank has its own process for card registration so log on to your bank's website for details.
2. What do I do after registering with VBV/MSC?
Now, every time you book on BookMyShow, after entering your card details on the payment page, you will be redirected to your bank's website. Enter your VBV/MSC password thereafter which you will be redirected back to BookMyShow for completing the booking process.
3. Do American Express cards have a similar authentication?
For Amex cards the 'extra level of authentication' will work slightly differently. Amex uses the AVS-Address Verification System. On the payment page on BookMyShow, you will be asked to enter your billing address. This will be checked against your billing address the bank has on its records. If the addresses don't match your payment will be rejected. If you don't remember your exact billing address, you can confirm it from your Credit Card statement.
4. What if my bank does not support VBV/MSC?
The RBI notification concerns cards issued within India only. If your card is issued outside India, your online transactions will go through even without this extra authentication step (unless your Card Issuer requires VBV/MSC authentication). If your card is issued in India and does not support VBV/MSC, we suggest you look for a new bank.
5.What are the modes of payment available to book tickets?
We have the below modes of payment available for purchasing tickets:
Website & Mobile Apps:
1. Credit Card
2. Debit Card
3. Cash Cards
5. Redeem points(Payback & Citibank Reward Points)
1. Credit Card
2. Telebooking(Only for Fun Cinemas Mumbai)
3. Cash On Delivery(Only for Mumbai region)
We will be adding new payment options in the near future.
6. When I enter my credit card information, the website asks for a CVV code. What is the CVV code?
The CVV is a 3 or 4 digit code embossed or imprinted on the reverse side of Visa and MasterCard credit cards. This is an extra security measure to ensure that you have access or physical possession of the credit card itself in order to use the CVV code.
1. For Visa and MasterCard credit cards, the CVV is a 3 digit number embossed or imprinted on the reverse side of the card.
2. For American Express cards, the CVV is the 4 digit number on the front right hand side of the card above the card number.
3. For State Bank of India (SBI) cards, there is a 19 digit number printed on the front of the credit card, of which the first 16 digits are the credit card number and the last three digits are the CVV code.
7. My booking has been rejected, but my credit card has been charged? What do I do?
This is a very rare situation, and can occur in case of a network fluctuation at the venue at the time of confirming the transaction. In this case, a reverse request for the charge on your credit card will be sent by us the same day to the bank. You will receive a refund SMS and e-mail from our side as soon as the amount is marked as refunded from our side. Please be assured that if the ticket has not been successfully booked, your card payment will be reversed.
8. The refund has still not been credited in my credit card account
As per our company policy, we send a reverse request to the bank by the end of the day. Depending on each bank's policy, it can sometimes take up to 15 working days for the reversal to take effect.
9. In spite of several reminders, the refund is still not reflecting on my card.
As per our company's policy, a reversal request is sent to the bank by the end of the day from our end. It can take up to 10 working days for the reversal, depending upon the card issuing bank for the amount to reflect in your account. In a rare case, if it has been longer than 10 days, please feel free to contact us on us on 022 39895050 ext 1 , chat with us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will take this up on priority with the bank to ensure the refund is done immediately.
10. Can I book my tickets without my credit card since I don't want to disclose my credit card details?
All credit card and debit card payments on BookMyShow are processed through secure and trusted payment gateways managed by leading Indian banks. Banks in India now use the 3D Secure password service for online transactions, providing an additional layer of security through identity verification.
1. I am trying to book my tickets, but the drop down list is not working. What should I do?
Please try refreshing the page once and clear your browser cache. If you still face problems, please contact us on 022 39895050 ext 1, chat with us or email us on email@example.com
and we will look into it immediately.
2. What browser works best with BookMyshow?
Our website currently supports IE(version 7+ ), Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Opera and are adding support for other browsers as well.
3. Why is the speed of this website so slow?
We have optimized the website to offer the best user experience, we request you to once kindly check your connection with your Internet Service Provider.
Cookies help us customize our site to our customers' requirements, and offer a more personalized service.
5. What do I do if my booking is not completed?
We are sorry for this unlikely inconvenience. If your booking process fails during a payment process, we will notify you if any erroneous charges have been incurred and reverse any amount charged within 3 weeks.
1. What are the offers available on BookMyShow?
To avail offers on our website you would need to register and sign. We have many interesting and exclusive offers available for you. Please refer to the 'Offers' Page on our home page to know everything about the on going offers.
Grab your offer here: http://in.bookmyshow.com/offers
2. I applied for an offer, but my transaction did not get through. Now I am unable to avail the discount
In case you apply for the discount but the transaction doesn't go through for some reason, the offer gets blocked in the system for a certain period and is automatically released within 20 mins. Hence we request you to kindly wait for 20 minutes before trying to avail the discount again.
3. I booked tickets through the website, but did not avail the discount.
1.To avail any offers on our website you would need to register and sign in. Please sign in and proceed to payment.
2.The offers listed on our website need to be availed in order to gain the discount available under a particular offer.
3.To avail a offer, please select the payment type and based on the type of payment a relevant offer would appear.
4.Click on apply, following which the system would check if your card is eligible for the offer and if the offer is available for the day.
5.Then, the system would automatically generate the discount.
In case the mentioned procedure is not followed, discount cannot be retrospectively applied to a booking.
4. Can I avail discounts through Mobile Application?
Offers can be availed on our mobile apps.
1. What is a WinPin?
To avail offers on our website you would need to register and sign. WinPin is a 16-digit promotional code which can be used to get tickets at a discounted rate. Please note: A Winpin can only be used once to gain the discount available for the voucher.
2. What is the procedure to redeem a WinPin?
To avail Offers/ Winpins on our website you would need to register and sign.
It's Simple! Here is how you can redeem the discount:
1. On the 'Secure Payment' page please select the 'Avail Discounts & Offers'
2. Please choose the winpin option, enter the 16 digit winpin code and click on 'Apply Offer'
3. Please make the partial payment of the tickets with the preferred payment mode.
3. How do I check the validity of the WinPin?
We request you to kindly contact the concerned source who have issued the winpin to you since they would be in a better position to assist you with the validity of the winpin code. Alternatively, you can contact us on 022 39895050 ext 1, chat with us or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our customer care team would be happy to assist you.
4. I have received a WinPin worth Rs. 200/- but I have utilized only Rs. 150/- Can I use the balance of it in my next transaction?
WinPins are only for 1 time use and the balance cannot be carried forward.
5. Can I use multiple WinPins in a Transaction?
Currently only a single WinPin can be used in one transaction.
1. I want to book tickets in bulk.
Please email us the details on your requirement at email@example.com
or call us on 022-39895050 ext 1 and our customer care team would be happy to assist you.
2. I want to purchase Movie Vouchers in bulk, how do I proceed?
Please email us the details on your requirement at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on 022-39895050 ext 1 and our customer care team would be happy to assist you.
3. I had booked tickets through BookMyShow, but the show has been cancelled. How do I get the refund?
Incase of show cancellation, the amount will be refunded to you within a week. If it has been longer then a week, please contact us on 022-39895050 , chat with us or write to us at email@example.com
and we will take this up on priority and ensure the refund is done immediately.
4. What is Verified by Visa?
Verified by Visa is a new way to add safety when you transact online. Adding a password to your existing Visa card, Verified by Visa, ensures that only you can use your Visa card online. It's easy to activate for your existing Visa card, and it's free.
5. I booked tickets through the website, but the transaction is not reflecting in my Booking History.
In order to have an update of your transaction, please 'Sign In' with your BookMyShow registered user id. before transacting. Incase you have booked tickets without singning in, the bookings would not reflect in the booking history.
6. I booked tickets through Bookmyshow for the English version of the Movie but the cinema is screening the movie in Hindi version. What do I do?
This is a very rare situation. We request you to call our helpdesk on 022-39895050 ext 1, chat with us for assistance or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and our customer care team would be happy to assist you.