Timing: 22nd Sept 8:00 AM to 23rd Sept 8:00 PM
The Kaas Plateau, also known as the Kaas Pathar or Kas Sadas, is a plateau situated 25 kilometers west from Satara city in Maharashtra, India. It falls under the Sahyadri Sub Cluster of the Western Ghats, and it became a part of a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site.
It is a biodiversity hotspot known for various types of seasonal wildflowers bloom and numerous species of endemic butterflies annually in the months of August and September. The plateau is situated at an altitude of 1200 meters and is approximately 10 square kilometers in area. Kaas has more than 850 different species of flowering plants. These include orchids, shrubs such as the Karvy, and carnivorous plants such as Drosera Indica.
Outing Date: 8th-9th September 2017
Category : Bike Ride
Grade : Medium
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
Approx Distance : 750 kms
Route: Mumbai – Panvel > Poladpur > Tapole – Kaas > Thoseghar > Satara > Pune > Mumbai.
Day 1: Early morning at 6: 00 am meet our Leaders at Kalamboli (McDonald's). Have necessary introductions of the overall journey and the route. Start riding Tapole. en route have breakfast and Lunch. Evening arrival at the Hotel. Unload your luggage and get ready to explore Tapola. Overnight at Tapola.
Day 2: Early morning wake-up, Have some yummy breakfast and start your ride towards Kaas. Reach Kaas and Explore the Plateau. Visit Thoseghar waterfall. Have lunch nearby, post lunch start riding towards Mumbai via Pune. Reach Mumbai by Late evening.
1. Meals for Day 1 (Breakfast, lunch & dinner)
2. Meals for Day 2 (Breakfast & lunch)
3. Accommodation on multiple sharing basis (Canvas Tents Stay with Attached Fresh Rooms)
4. Entry Fees at Kaas & other sightseeing, wherever necessary
1. Dinner for Day 2.
2. Petrol and Bike Maintenance.
3. Any other personal Expenses
Things to Carry:
1. Legal Bike Papers and Helmet.
2. Balaclava 01 nos.
3. Long pants.
4. Round neck T-shirts
5. Windproof Jacket 01 nos.
6. Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole.
7. Raincoat / Poncho 01 nos.(Optional)
8. Full Body Towel 01 nos.
9. Torch with spare batteries, 01 set.
10. Basic First Aid Kit and Medics as per prescription if any.
11. Basic Tool Kit
12. Drinking Water 2 Ltr
13. Extra Clothes (Optional)