White Collar Hippie brings you incredible offbeat travel and outdoor experiences. They want to be humbled and transformed by the journeys they embark on. And they want you to go with them. It's Winter. What a perfect time to put on your trekking shoes and explore the beautiful Sahyadris with them. White Collar Hippie looks at taking activities a step above the usual; and this time they will be doing so by hiking overnight and reversing some of the damage done to the environment to the best of their ability.
They will be accompanied by Mountaineer and the World's first Vegan climber- Kuntal Joisher who will share his experience of climbing Mt. Everest along the trek.
This overnight trek will be to Kalsubai Peak, which is the highest mountain peak, situated in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra. Since it is a very famous trek it has been made easy with ladders and paths along the route. They will be starting the trek early morning by around 2 am and reach the peak in time for sunrise. While descending they will be cleaning up the trail and head back to the base village where lunch will be awaiting everyone.
Come spend a night at the Everest of Maharashtra, as you indulge in its lushness and adventure. Enjoy the freshly cooked organic meals prepared by the hosts that come straight from their hearts and homes.
What's in it that makes it different from all the other treks that are happening?
- Being a fundraising event, part of the profits will go to Kunal Sanklecha's Antarctic Expedition with Robert Swan and Mission 2041.
- Clean Up Drives throughout the trek, as they bask in the glory of mother nature, wash off the grime and grit of everyday city life, they collect the trash on their way as a humble exchange for the soul cleansing and rejuvenation that the hills provide them with.
- Contributing To The Local Economy - During their trek, some of their local hosts will help the participants as guides and just all around knowledge boosters (as they say, the best kept secrets of a place are known only to the locals!). Apart from this, they will be cooking fresh organic meals that come straight from their very own kitchens. What better way of spreading love and feelings of communal harmony than by sharing meals.
- Another opportunity they will be seizing is one that fits with their philosophy, and they are sure, fits yours too! They will share part of their proceeds with an educational initiative in the host village, as just another way of giving thanks for the hospitality, love and time that they will be offering.Fun-fact about Kalsubai Fort
Local legend says that Kalsubai was a house maid residing in a nearby Indorey village. She is believed to have disappeared near the mountain while trying to escape her employer's relentless torment. This lends the mountain its current name as well as a reason for this temple to be built in her fond memory.
What better way to spend a night in this season than living it to the fullest with things that make your soul happy: friends, nature, food and lots of adventure.Destination:
Kalsubai PeakDifficulty Level:
Baari Village, IgatpuriHeight
: 5400ft. ASLHike time:
7 hours. Ascend time 4 hours Descend Time - 3 hoursTravel Duration:
3 hours 30 mins (75 kms- one way)Pick-up Points
Pick up point are going to be along the Wester and Eastern Express Highway
-8:00 PM Oberoi Mall, Goregaon East Highway.
-8:15 PM Bisleri Factory, Andheri East Highway.
-8:30 PM Kalanagar Bus Station, Bandra West.
-9:00 PM Chheda Nagar Bus Stop, Ghatkoper East.
- Transport (AC Luxury Bus)
- Professional guides
- Local guides
- Trip volunteers
- Trash bags and Gloves
- Access to Medical kit
- White Collar Hippie Goodie Bag
- Breakfast and Lunch will be organized by the locals
- Refreshments along the way - Veg Puff, Fruits Water, Nimbu Pani, Energy bars etc.
- Evening tea and Snacks
- Reversing some of the damage done to the environment.
- Contributing to the local economy.
- Sharing time and love with the locals, who will be our hosts.
- Beautiful uphill walks, conversations and memories.
- Great Company.
- Nice Curated Music on the Bus.
Things to Carry
- Personal Medication
- Day pack
- Warm Clothes
- Trekking shoes or sneakers with good grip
- Water bottles: Since they want to avoid adding to the waste by carrying more packaged drinking water bottles, please carry you own Bottle. They will provide enough points where you can refill them.
- Toilet Paper,Toiletries.
- Change of clothes (optional).
- Flip flops for a comfortable journey back home.
- Comfortable trekking clothes- Quick dry.
- A cap/hat.
- A sense of humor and an open mind.
Give them a quick buzz on +91 9930260747 and verify details before you sign up or email them for more details on [email protected]