Venue To Be Announced: Bengaluru,
Bengaluru, Karnataka India
Sun 06 Nov, 08:00 AM
Sun 06 Nov, 08:30 AM
Sun 06 Nov, 09:00 AM
Sun 06 Nov, 09:30 AM
Sun 06 Nov, 10:00 AM
Sun 06 Nov, 10:30 AM
Sun 06 Nov, 11:00 AM
Sun 06 Nov, 11:30 AM
Sun 06 Nov, 12:00 PM
Sun 06 Nov, 12:30 PM
Sun 06 Nov, 01:00 PM
Sun 06 Nov, 01:30 PM
Sun 06 Nov, 02:00 PM
Sun 06 Nov, 02:30 PM
Sun 06 Nov, 03:00 PM
Sun 06 Nov, 03:30 PM
Sun 06 Nov, 04:00 PM
Q. What will the course be like?
- A. The Battle Ram will be conducted in a large clearing, a slight distance away from the city, and close to nature. This means, you can expect an uneven terrain made all the more challenging with 20 military-style challenging obstacles, with mud trenches, nets, plastic pipes big enough to crawl into, ropes, water troughs and more. There will also be drinking water provided at points along the course and facilities so you can clean up a little or hose down when you are done.
Q. What can I expect during the run?
- A. You can expect to have a lot of fun and feel a rush of adrenaline during the course. You will also make new friends as you bond with strangers running with you. Don't be afraid to get muddy and dirty. Winning is not so important - having fun and being safe is! We will hand out water to runners at designated water zones. There will also be volunteers all along the course to guide you and offer tips while you are making your way across obstacles and help you if you run into trouble.
Q. Can I just come along to watch and let my hair down at the after-party, because I am not sure if I am up to participating in the actual obstacle race, just yet?
- A. Yes, more the merrier. If you are curious about what an obstacle race looks and feels like but are not sure about signing up just now, or if you just want to come along and cheer your friends and family from the sidelines - you are welcome to come and be part of the fun on race day.
Q. What if it rains or if bad weather prevents The Battle Ram from happening?
- A. The organizers of Battle Ram put your safety before anything else. If there is extremely bad weather -say torrential rain and flooding we will proactively contact all participants who have registered for the event and let them know if we are postponing or cancelling the event. However, if it just a spell of rain or an unseasonably hot day, Battle Ram will happen as scheduled, because we are not letting a little extra challenge by the Weather Gods deter us from having fun!
Q. What does my entry fee include?
- A. Your entry will fee will ensure bragging rights for life and an insane number of likes on your facebook and Instagram pictures. But, on a serious note, your entry fee entitles you to a one-time pass so you can have a go at all 20 The Battle Ram obstacles along our 5 kilometre course. All participants also get free pictures, a cool Battle Ram T-Shirt. A Battle Ram Finisher Medal and a long, cool, complimentary beer drink also await those who cross the finish line. You can let your hair down and raise a toast to your success at the after-party, that begins once the event is over.
Q. Are there any discounts if I register for Battle Ram way in advance, or if I register as a large group?
- A. Yes, we offer early bird discounts! Please check the event page for more details. Also write to us at [email protected] to get more details on discounted ticket prices for large groups. We are currently offering a 20% off on groups of more than 10
Q. I have finished registering for the first edition of The Battle Ram, whats next?
- A. Congratulations! If you want to improve your chances of clearing all the obstacles on the 5 kilometer course in record time, we suggest you start training and working towards improving your fitness! Also, keep checking back by visiting the event page - as the day of the actual race draws closer - we will keep updating the page with important information. Get more info about how you can reach the event location, where you can pick up your registration package and get your bib for race-day, where you can park etc. You can also follow us on Facebook for all the latest information.
Q. Do you accept spot-registrations on the day of the event?
- A. Yes, you are welcome to come and register on the spot, on event day, if we are not filled-up already. I signed up for the event, but I wont be in town - can I transfer my bib number to my friend? No, sorry. For safety reasons, your running bib number and entry is not transferable to any other person under any circumstances. Runners sporting somebody elses bib number will be disqualified from the run immediately.
Q. Should I be concerned about my safety during the obstacle race?
- A. While each of our obstacles are designed to push you out of your comfort zone, and will test both your physical and mental prowess, our obstacles have been designed by experts who take your safety very seriously. We require every participant to sign a waiver so they are fully aware of the slight risk that comes with participating in any challenging event, such as The Battle Ram. We have taken precautions, and on race-day, paramedics and other emergency-response personnel will be present on ground in case of any eventualities so they can offer prompt assistance to any participant who is injured and feeling less than a 100%.
Q. Can I skip obstacles?
- A. Absolutely. The Battle Ram is a battle with your most worthy opponent- yourself. So if you ever feel even a niggle of doubt about not being able to complete a particular obstacle - pay heed to what your body and mind is telling you and skip the obstacle by all means. There is no penalty, or need to feel less about yourself if you dont feel like you can take on and successfully clear a given obstacle. Your safety is paramount, so if you are not an ace swimmer, if you are afraid heights, if you are too tired, or if you feel you cannot make the run through flames - by all means, go around the obstacle and go on the attempt the challenges you are confident about.
Q. What clothes should I wear during the run?
- A. Dress in lightweight, fitted clothes - just like you would to go to the gym. Wear normal running shoes or trail running shoes if you have them. Wear a waterproof, sturdy watch if you want to keep an eye on the time. You should also bring a plastic bag or bag to carry your muddy, dirty clothes in. Bring a towel to dry off after you hose down, a fresh set of clothes and footwear you can change into, after the event is over. Please leave your mobile, money and other valuables and electronics behind before you start the race.
Q. Is there a bag check/storage area at the race venue?
- A. Yes, we will have facilities to store some items in a locker/bag check outside, but please do not carry anything valuable to the race - leave jewellery, laptops, large amounts of cash and other expensive items behind.
Q. Will there be showers?
- A. All participants will have the opportunity to hose down after finishing the course. We will also provide a changing area for participants.
Q. Will there be a provision for parking?
- A. Yes, we will be taking care of parking!
Q. What do I do when I get there?
- A.i. If you already have your bib - clear security and get started
ii. If you dont have your bib number- present an ID Proof - such as DL, Voters ID or Pan Card. Fill up the waiver form and collect your bib number from the registration tent, before you begin. Please show up well in time to complete registration formalities before the race begins.
Q. Are there water stations on the course?
- A. Yes, there`ll be 3-5 water stations along the course to keep you fueled and going. Please bring snacks, like apples or dry fruits, if you feel like you need to fuel up after the race is done.
Q. How long does it take approximately to complete a run?
- A. Depending on how fit you are and how hard you push yourself, you should be able to complete Battle Ram is about 1 - 2 hrs, tops
Q. Are groups required to finish together?
- A. Group members are not required to finish the course together. Every individual can finish the race at their own pace.
Q. What happens after I finish the run?
- A. You can collect your finisher medal and pose for pictures with fellow runners, your family and friends on a stage. You can then clean up a little and get all the mud off of you and change into fresh clothes for the post-run celebrations. All the runners will be given a pint of beer or an energy drink (if you do not consume alcohol or are underage) once they change and reach the after-party area. You have an option to buy more alcohol if you wish and stay on for a DJ led celebration of a day well spent.
So, are you ready to taste (some mud) and sweet victory.
Sign up to earn your battle scars with our maiden event in Bangalore right now!
- The race is divided in to waves of 30 minutes each.
- The race starts from 8:00 AM and there will be a wave every 30 minutes till 4:00 PM.
- Each wave will accommodate 200 participants only