Everest Base Camp Trek Post Monsoon
This trek into Everest Base Camp is strenuous but does not require that you have any previous trekking or mountaineering experience. It does not require any technical experience; only that you be in good physical condition and be able to hike for 4-8 hours over hilly terrain with a light day pack.
Adaptation to altitude requires attention to regulated height gains and timing parameters. Our itinerary has been tailored to ensure this and incremental height gains are interspersed with rest/acclimatization days. Your acclimatization progress will be carefully monitored by your experienced Guides and Western Leader on an ongoing basis.
Things to carry
1.To carry your own luggage you will need trek bag at least 60Lit capacity depending on your luggage carrying tendency. We wont recommend you to carry luggage more than 65 lit as at that altitude it would be very tough to carry so much luggage.
2. At least 3-4 pairs of trekking pants to be carried along. The material should be of quick dry type. It is essential because body heat melts the snow on your clothes and wet your clothes. Easy dry materials avoid your inconvenience because of wet clothes.
3. Carry good trekking shoes with enough anti skid pattern on the bottom. Do not go for running shoes. They are usually insufficient and have tendency to slip.
4. One set of travelling clothes. This set you can keep behind in hotel luggage and can pick up after trek.
5. At least 4 set of socks
6. Monkey cap (warm material). Avoid handmade caps. A monkey camp with thick weaving is recommended as it protects you not from cold but from wind chill factor as well.
7. At least 4 set of T-shirts with long sleeves. Having collar is beneficial as it helps you add another layer to your neck to avoid cold.
8. Warm jacket and fleece jacket.
9. Good quality hand gloves (warm) added with another set of hand gloves (waterproof)
10. Thermal wear. Though not recommended during trek, you can use it for night. Its optional
11. Waterproof wind cheater or a jacket
13. Sunscreen, Lip balm, Cold creams etc.