'Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.' - Jack Kerouac
This monsoon season Carvan Trips would like to share the beauty of trekking
with everyone, and that is the reason they have tailored few lovely easy level introductory treks suitable to be taken up by both old and young. Come join them as they get ready in their hiking shoes, all set to tick off these trekking destinations off your bucket list.
Imagine you're already on top of the mountain and the monsoon mist has engulfed everything. The bird eye view of the surrounding looks the usual best. Slowly the clouds start dissapating. A paradise unfolds...as the wind hums in the ears, a mountain that looks like an island can be seen covered in lush greenery! The triangular shape mountain bleeds with multiple streams of waterfall. It is just a moment of a few seconds before the mist covers it again.
Maharashtra, is blessed with the beautiful ranges of the Sahyadris. The UNESCO declared world heritage site is rich in both Flora and Fauna. After the onset of the monsoons, the sight becomes truly breathtaking, the moist canopies make room for the winds to hurl in, and the opening to the valleys and forts gets covered by wild flowers, clouds descend to the surface to blanket the earth. The freshness in the atmosphere almost guts you to realization that sometimes it is necessary to escape from the concrete confined walls, out trekking in the lap of nature's unperturbed beauty still untouched by man.
If you are trekking for the first time, here's how you can prepare for it.
- Walk for 5 kms (non-stop), 1 week before the trek
- Run for 2 kms (non-stop), 2 days before the trek
- Rest one day prior to the Trek, eat well the night before and don't consume any alcohol.Difficulty - Easy
, Transport from Karjat Railway station to the base village (and back), and expertise charges.
Excluded: Anything not mentioned above
Things to wear:
- Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please do not wear denims or formals.
- Good Quality Trekking/ Hiking shoes Compulsory (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip. Please don't wear formal/ casual/ leather shoes and please ensure the shoes are of good quality and not old as to avoid wear and tear, especially of the shoe sole, during the trek.
- Wind cheater/ Water proof JacketThings to be carried by you:
- Water (2 Liters) Compulsory
- Food (Dry Snacks, Biscuits, Theplas, Parathas), Plum cakes, Fruits (Banana) for the Summit
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
- Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
- A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
- Personal Sanitary Kit
- Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
- A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek).
- Please refrain from consuming Alcohol or any intoxicant uptill 24 hours before the trek as it may cause severe dehydration, nausea, vomitting and risk to life.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight backpack for this trek. Keep everything covered in a plastic bag as there are high chances of raining.
- The food provided would be simple village food.
How transportation will be done: Transportation will be provided from Karjat Station to the start point and back.
How to reach
For people coming by train -
Catch Karjat bound train starting from CST. Here is the time table (You miss the train, you miss the trek!)
04:48 AM - CST
05:06 AM - Dadar
05:22 AM - Ghatkopar
05:43 AM - Thane
07:07 AM - KarjatItinerary