Gamers were dealt quite a blow as the massively popular PUBG Mobile was banned in India following the simmering tension between India and China. PUBG Mobile is developed by China’s biggest gaming company Tencent, thus making it a Chinese app. And so when Indians were urged to spring clean their phones by getting rid of Chinese apps such as TikTok and Like, PUBG Mobile was also collateral damage.
However, we come bearing good news, gamers. PUBG Corporation, a subsidiary of South Korea’s KRAFTON Inc. has ended their partnership with Tencent and set up a new company called PUBG India Pvt. Ltd. They’ve announced that an entirely new game, PUBG Mobile India, will be launched for the Indian markets in December.
Check out the small teaser they released for the game on November 13.
Here’s what you can expect when PUBG Mobile India hits the app stores.
- New features and settings set in a virtual simulation training ground.
- New characters and avatars will be decked out in impressive threads.
- Improved in-game content and customised content reflecting local flavour.
- Time restrictions on gaming time in order to foster healthy game playing habits.
- It’s time to start afresh with a new character and story as you may not be able to import previous game progress.
- PUBG India has partnered with Microsoft Azure cloud services to ensure the game is compliant with Indian data regulations.
We don’t know about you but PUBG sure has made our gamer heart happy with their offering which doubles up as the perfect Christmas gift.