Originally slated for an April 2020 release, ‘No Time To Die’ was delayed several times due to the COVID-19 pandemic. After a long wait, the film is is all set to hit Indian movie theatres on September 30.
In this film, James Bond (Daniel Craig) is enjoying life in Jamaica, after leaving active service. However, his respite is soon interrupted by the arrival of Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright), his old friend from the CIA. Leiter enlists Bond’s help in rescuing a kidnapped scientist, who turns out to be a dangerous man in possession of some lethal new technology.
As of now, there’s been no official news as to when the film will hit streaming platforms. In the meantime, here are ten things you need to know about the movie ahead of its release.
1. This film is the 25th James Bond movie and is also Craig’s final outing as 007.
2. The film was originally going to be directed by Danny Boyle. Both Boyle and writer John Hodge quit citing creative differences. Cary Joji Fukunaga was brought in to direct and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, creator of the British comedy-drama, ‘Fleabag’, is one of the writers.
3. The film has a runtime of nearly three hours.
4. In India, the film will release in Hindi, English, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu.
5. The film reportedly cost an estimated $200 million.
6. During the shoot, Daniel Craig broke his ankle while walking down a plank. Previously, while he was shooting for ‘Spectre’ (2015), he had injured his knee, but went on to shoot in a brace.
7. Expect familiar characters including Leiter, Q (Ben Whishaw), M (Ralph Fiennes), Madeleine Swann (Lea Seydoux) and Moneypenny (Naomie Harris). The new characters include Safin, the antagonist played by Rami Malek, and Nomi, played by Lashana Lynch, who has taken over as the new 007 after Bond’s retirement.
8. American singer and song-writer Billie Eilish became the youngest pop star to perform a Bond theme for the film. The movie’s background music has been scored by Hans Zimmer.
9. Large portions of the film were shot in London and Jamaica, apart from Norway and Italy.
10. ‘No Time To Die’ will have its world premiere on September 28 at the Royal Albert Hall, London. This is one of the 57 screenings of the film worldwide.
Director: Cary Joji Fukunaga
Cast: Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Lea Seydoux, Ana de Armas, Ben Whishaw, Jeffrey Wright, Lashana Lynch