1. Ranveer Singh: Technically he was not entirely absent from the screen in 2020. He made a brief appearance in Ghoomketu. That apart, Ranveer Singh went missing this year. He promises to be back in 2021 with three purported blockbusters 83, Jayeshbhai Jordaar and Cirkus. So hold those withdrawal symptoms.
2. Salman Khan: In 2019, Salmam had two major releases Bharat and Danbagg 3.In 2020 his fans had to go without. Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai was to release in Eid 2020. Stubbornly, Salman Bhai refused to sell-out to the OTT platform. He is now committed to release the film in Eid 2021, God and Covid permitting. Salman will wait, repeat: won’t release on OTT.
3. Aamir Khan: Even by Mr Khan’s picky standards this has got to be the longest gap between releases. Aamir’s last release was the disastrous Thugs Of Hindostan in 2018. Lal Singh Chadha, the desi remake of the Tom Hanks classic Forrest Gump was to release in December 2019. Aamir won’t release his film on the digital platform.
4. Shah Rukh Khan: No release in 2020, none in 2021. Has not officially announced any project after Zero in December 2018. Shah Rukh will be off-screen for at least three years.
5. Katrina Kaif: We saw her was as the sultry Surraiya Jaan in Thugs of Hindostan.Katrina is looking better than ever before and pining to prove her prowess as an actress. Her kajal-smudged act in Zero won her recognition, as expected. In India we always reward celluloid hysteria. Katrina is ready to strike with Sooryavansham. If all goes well she will be at a theatre near you in the first quarter of 2021.
6. Ranbir Kapoor: In spite of the blockbuster status accorded to his last release Sanju in June 2018, Ranbir Kapoor has not gone on a signing spree. This is not only a voluntary choice—as Ranbir is never known to go on a movie-signing spree—but also because he has taken on two back-to-back projects which are taking more time than normal . Much more time. We are talking about Ayan Mukerjee’s Brahmastra and Karan Malhotra’s Shamshera. While the first is an ambitious sprawling sci-fi epic featuring Ranbir with Amitabh Bachchan and, ahem, Alia Bhatt for the first time, Shamshera is a dacoit drama in the grand tradition of the classic dacoit dramas like Mujhe Jeene Do and Mera Gaon Mera Desh.Both require an inordinate number of days from Ranbir . But now it seems Brahmastra requires even more time, thereby eating into the dates that were allotted to Shamshera.