Prakash Raj gave a whole new definition to villain and he manages to play every character with just the right amount of perfection.
Not just Bollywood, he is a known face in the regional film industry and has been conferred with 5 National Awards in his 29-year-long film career.
Here are 10 facts celebrating Prakash Raj’s life in the industry and him turning 53!
1) Prakash Raj is a man who has mastered various languages and can speak fluent Tulu, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Hindi and Malayalam.
2) It was in the year 1994 when he was introduced to director K Balachander, who changed his last name from Rai to Raj. He is called Prakash Rai in Kannada while he is Prakash Raj in Tamil.
3) Not a lot of people know that he also owns a zero pesticide organic farm in Hyderabad.
4) Prakash Raj has also collaborated with Director Mani Ratnam in four films – Iruvar, Bombay, KannathilMuthamittal and Oh Kadhal Kanmani and they have been critically and commercially acclaimed.
5) He owns a production house named ‘Duet Movies’ after his first movie in Tamil (Duet by K Balachander).
7) Prakash Raj started theatre when was merely a class 7th student and he has done over 2,000 plays so far. He admits that his experience with theatre is what helped him become a better actor.
8) His first production venture was Dhaya (Kannada) for which he won the Special Jury National Award.
9) The Film Producers’ Council has imposed a ban on actor Prakash Raj following a complaint lodged by the producer of a film under production `Siddhu,’ in which he was cast. However, the ban was not valid on movies that were already under production!
10) Prakash Raj is an avid reader and during his leisure time between shots, he is usually seen with a book.
Here’s wishing Prakash Raj a very happy birthday and we honestly can’t wait to see more of him in Bollywood!
Which is your favorite Prakash Raj movie? Share your thoughts on the same with us in the comment section!