Theatre buffs in Mumbai, it's time to rejoice! Embrace this coming long weekend with some awesome plays happening near you. Comedy, drama, satire, musical or thriller, whatever your taste is, an amazing play awaits you. We have hand-picked five best plays staging in Mumbai this weekend best plays staging in Mumbai this weekend, which are a must watch for an avid theatre lover. Here you you.
1. Mughal-E-Azam Catch this amazingly beautiful musical drama at Jamshed Bhabha theatre: NCPA, this weekend if you haven't yet. Helmed by Feroz Abbas Khan, Mughal-E-Azam is a spectacular stage musical, showing the immortal love story of Anarkali and Salim. An exhilarating experience awaits you!
2. Anand Express Staging at St. Andrews Auditorium this Saturday and Sunday, Anand Express is a comedy play with a strong story exploring the spirit of friendship and how far friends would go for each other. Directed by Nnadir Khan, the play features popular theatre artists like Vivaan Shah, Chaitanya Sharma, Siddharth Kumar and Sukant Goel.
3. Barff For the lovers of the thriller genre, this play, written and directed by Saurabh Shukla is a must watch. Set in the valley of Kashmir in winter, Barff is a thriller about how three lives, the parents of an ailing child and a doctor got embroiled in a situation which threatens their existence. The play features Sadiya Siddiqui, Sunil Palwal and Saurabh Shukla. The play has been running in the city since a long time. It's time you catch this brilliant theatre piece this weekend!
4. Punha Sahi Re Sahi One of the most popular Marathi plays of all time, Punha Sahi Re Sahi returns to the city this Sunday! Directed by Kedar Shinde and starring Marathi superstar Bharat Jadhav, the play is a slapstick comedy which will mesmerise you with the magical experience of watching four Bharat Jadhavs on the stage at the same time. The play has been entertaining the Marathi audiences for 15 years now. Do catch it this Sunday at Vishnudas Bhave Natyagruha this Sunday!
5. Two Adorable Losers Two Adorable Losers is an English comedy about two people, a professor from Odisha who is struggling with his proficiency in English diction, and a student who is weak in studies. Both of them are suffering from one thing, an inferiority complex. How they both meet and how their relationship grows follows in the rest of the story. The play is scheduled to be staged at Experimental Theatre: NCPA this Sunday.
Choose your play and book tickets right here!
Written By: Mansi Gupta | Post Date: 20 June 2017