Theatre lovers in Delhi, it's time to rejoice! Some of the best plays have come to the city to woo you like never before. From comedy to a drama and satire to a thriller, each genre of play is there to be staged this weekend. And we are here to present you five hand-picked theatre events happening in Delhi this weekend!
1. Anand Express Presented by Aadyam and featuring legendary theatre artist Naseeruddin Shah's son Vivaan Shah, Anand Express is a play about friendship. It's a tale about three friends and their quest to fulfill the last and the most cherished dream of their late friend, Anand. Catch this amazing play at Kamani Auditorium this Saturday and Sunday.
2. Bebaak Manto Bebaak Manto directed by Anil Sharma is a story of a sex worker, Sugandhi, who just like any other girl craves for love and approval from men. She has a lover on whom she spends her entire earnings. Her journey takes a turn when one day her pimp wakes her up in the middle of the night to take her to a client who is waiting in a car outside her home. To know what happens next, book your tickets now. The play is happening at The Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre this Saturday.
3. Maulana Azad Written and directed by Dr. M. Sayeed Alam and starring Tom Alter, Maulana Azad is one of the finest works presented on an Indian stage ever. It's about the life and times of Maulana Azad. The solo performance by Tom Alter is undoubtedly one of his best works. The play will unveil at the L.T.G. Auditorium on Saturday,8th of July.
4. Man Disposes God Proposes This comic, yet well-thought out play is a courtroom drama which is an adaptation of John Mortimer's comic play, The Dock Brief. Performed by Saleem Shah and Rishab Verma, the play will be staged at Alliance Francaise on Sunday,9th of July.
5. Pyaar Ne Punch Maara Pyaar Ne Punch Maara is a hilarious story of Uday who has planned a perfect weekend with his extra marital partner, but it seems the entire universe, including his best friend, his girlfriend and his cook are conspiring against it. Watch this new comedy Hindi play this Saturday at Alliance Francaise.
Written By: Mansi Gupta | Post Date: 5 July 2017