The month of July has been really special for the millions all around who grew up watching the ‘Harry Potter’ series in their childhood. The creator of this series J.K Rowling a.k.a Joanne Rowling happens to share her birthday in the same month as The boy who lived. A British novelist Rowling is not only an author, but also a screenwriter, television producer and philanthropist. July 31st also happens to be the birthday of wonderfully imaginative and supremely talented character from her Books and movies Harry Potter Though we hardly need an excuse to re-visit Rowling’s world because we already know that like anything at the back of our minds, a birthday makes for the perfect occasion.
● J. K. Rowling is the ninth-best-selling fiction author of all time (estimated 500 million copies of work sold). When she came out with ‘Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone’ (first book), only 1000 copies were printed as compared to ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows’ were 8.3 million copies were sold in the first 24 hours.
● Her first manuscript of the Harry Potter series were rejected by 12 publishing houses after it was picked up by Bloomsbury.
● Not only publishers even Oxford underestimated her. Even after giving the exam, the Oxford University rejected her application forcing her to study French.
● Though nominated for Academy Awards for 12 times, the movies have failed to won even one all this time.
● She has written and produced Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them where she attempted the screenwriting for the first time in her life.
She is coming up with the second part in the franchise of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them 2 in 2018 and the film features some big names like Johnny Depp, Eddie Redmayne and Ezra Miller in the lead roles.
Well we hope this magical universe of Rowling never ceases to fade away and we keep on getting the dose of nostalgia with her books and movies in the coming times. Happy Birthday J.K. Rowling, you made our childhood full of whims and fantasies!
Written By: Archit Chawla | Post Date: 31 July 2017