If running gives you that high, inspire you to push the boundaries and make you feel more self-confident about yourself, then Marathons are for you. And if happens to be in Chennai for the coming few weeks, you are in luck. There are few Marathon events lined up in the city which will interest you for sure. We have hand-picked few of these Marathon events for you. Have a look, take your pick and prep up yourself for a run of a lifetime. Here you go.
1. Digital India Marathon – Run for “Digital India” Promoting the cause of Digital India, Digital India marathon has been organized by Let's Feed Chennai. Happening on Sunday, 16thof July, the run will commence from Maina Beach, Light House. There are three categories of run, you can participate in, 3km, 5km and 10km. Top five runners will be facilitated with the trophies.
2. Women's Marathon Events Walk is organising this Marathon called Women's Marathon. Supporting the cause of women empowerment and a belief that a healthy family, a healthy nation and a healthy world begins with empowered women, this Marathon encourages women to take care of their health first. Happening in the first week of August on Sunday, 6th , the run will start from Elliots Beach.
3. Bharath Marathon Bharath Marathon is being organised by WOW eventz to create more awareness among the public on health and social stigmas affecting our society. Earlier also, WOW eventz had organized quite a few successful marathons in the city. This Marathon will start from Marina Beach on Sunday, August 13th.. Registrations are open, you can register here.
4. Freedom Fighters Marathon – Run for “Better India” Organized by Let's Feed Chennai, Freedom Fighters Marathon supports the cause of better India and through this run, they want to promote the idea of creating a better and healthy India. It's a 10km run which will start from Marina Beach on Sunday, Aug 13th.
5. Mirchi Neon Run Organized by Radio Mirchi, this run is India's largest theme based run where individuals run or walk at night covered in neon accessories and body powder. There will be different glow zones throughout the race which will bring out the neon in your life. Get ready to paint yourself in neon and glow in the dark. The event will be happening on September 17th at YMCA.
Written By: Mansi Gupta | Post Date: 7 July 2017