It's a decade! Yes, it's been 10 years since Bollywood's most popular couple, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, have been married. The much-in love couple have tied the knot in 2007 and have been happily married since then. With their little bundle of joy, Aaradhya, they have a complete happy family. As the couple clock 10 years of their marriage, we bring to you 5 Films they have done together, which captured their amazing chemistry on-screen.
1. Dhai Akshar Prem Ke The film might not have created a stir at the box office, but it did giave us a beautiful on-screen jodi. Abhishek and Aishwarya's chemistry in this Raj Kanwar movie was much loved by the viewers. At that time Aishwarya was going through a rough patch in her relationship with Salman Khan and Abhishek was struggling to make a mark for himself in the industry, and this film gave them both some respite.
2. Kuch Na Kaho This was the film which was said to play cupid in their relationship. It was the during the shooting of this film that love blossomed between them. The film bombed at the box office, but from here started a beautiful love story.
3. Guru This is by far their best film together. Guru was the first time their pairing actually clicked with the audience. They were dating each other during this time, and it could easily be seen in their magical chemistry in Guru. Story, narrative, music, performances or the screenplay, everything about Guru was impressive.
4. Umrao Jaan 2It was the remake of Rekha's Umrao Jaan. Aishwarya played a courtesan and Abhishek reprised the role of Farooq Shaikh. The film failed to click at the box office, but as always, the Abhi-Ash jodi was loved by the audiences.
5. Sarkar Raj This was the first film they had done together after their marriage. Amitabh Bachchan was at the helm of this political Drama where Abhishek and Aishwarya were cast opposite each other. Expectations were quite high from this film, as the entire family was coming together on-screen, and the power family (as they are fondly called) did manage to impress the audience with their performances.
After Sarkar Raj, we haven't seen the couple together on the big screen. If reports are to be believed, they will soon be seen in Anurag Kashyap's next.
Written By: Mansi Gupta | Post Date: 20 April 2017