Kamal Hassan and Gautami Tadimalla are no more together now! The news has shocked the fans. Their 13-year old relationship has ended. It was on November 1, Gautami tweeted out about her heartbreaking spilt with actor Kamal Hassan. Though the couple was never married, they were living together for more than a decade. They weren't just partners in life, they were also creative collaborators in cinema. Their creative partnership dates back to the late '80s and early '90s when Gautami appeared in a few films like Apoorva Sagodharargal, Thevar Magan, Nammavar and Kuruthipunal opposite Kamal Hassan. These films were hugely successful, and also earned critical acclaim.
Now that the couple have decided to split up, here are the five things you need to know about them.
1. It seems the split has been an amicable and understanding one. Gautami in her statement said that their paths have irreversibly diverged and that the only choices in front of them were to either compromise with their dreams for life or to accept the truth of their solitude and move ahead.
2. After starring opposite Kamal Hassan in few movies quite early in her career, Gautami met him again in 2003 and this time they struck a personal relationship as well. It was the also the time, when Gautami started a second innings in her career as a costume designer for Kamal Hassan. She styled Hassan in films like Dasavatharam, Vishwaroopam and Papanasanam.
3. Gautami is also a cancer survivor. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 35 and it was Kamal and her friends that helped her through her tough times and eventually she had beaten the cancer.
4. It was also reported that Kamal Hassan's daughters Shruti Hassan and Akshara Hassan never liked Gautami and were not getting along well with her.
5. Gautami is a single mother to Subbalakshmi, a daughter she had from her first marriage. It is also rumoured that the reason of her split with the actor is her daughter herself, as she wanted to concentrate on her responsibility as a mother. In her statement she said that she is a mother first and has a responsibility toward her child to be the best mother that she can be. And to do that, it is essential that she remain at peace within herself.
Now that Kamal Hassan and Gautami have ended their personal relationship, let's hope their professional collaboration does not get marred by this.
For more Bollywood news and gossips, click here.
Written By: Mansi Gupta | Post Date: 08 November 2016