Calling all fitness freaks of Chennai, come out and run for a cause! In the coming few weeks, there are quite a few Sports & Fitness events happening near you. Especially for those who love to run in a Marathon, there will lots of opportunities for you in the coming weeks. We give you five upcoming Marathon events happening in Chennai that will give you an adrenaline high like never before. Here you go Chennaites!
1. LFC Marathon – Run for Swatch Bharat Running for a cause is always special! This Sunday, run for the cause of Swatch Bharat. Let's Feed Chennai organizes the “LFC Marathon”, a 10 km run at Marina Beach this Sunday starting at 6:00 a.m. from Light House. This 10 km run will have two loops of 5 km each. You can register yourself here.
2. Champions Marathon This marathon is a run for the cause of welfare and development of mentally challenged people. A part of the proceeds from the tickets will be donated to the Mentally Challenged People's Hostel. Some special guests are also invited to encourage the participants. The run will start from Besantnagar Beach at 5.30 a.m. on Sunday, May 21st.
3. Events Walks Presents Green Marathon Green Marathon is a campaign aimed at creating awareness about environmental issues amongst the citizens. An initiative by Events Walks, the marathon will see many film personalities, celebrity chefs, singers, members of Parliament and school children participating in the run at Elliots Beach on Sunday, June 4th . It is one of the biggest Marathon/Sports events happening in the city. Register yourself here at BookMyShow.
4. Champions Marathon – Run for Cancer Awareness Again a noble cause! Champions Marathon is a run for the cause of cancer awareness amongst citizens. Starting at Light House, Marina Beach at 6.00 am, the run is scheduled on June 11th. There are three categories – 3 km, 5 km and 10 km – you can choose to run in.
5. Tamil Nadu Marathon 2017 An initiative by Tamil Nadu Athletic Association, The Tamil Nadu Marathon 2017 is organised by Sportz Pro and aimed to create an awareness about health and fitness. The funds raised from this event will be used for the training of athletes who represent our country in international events. The marathon will start at the Anna University on Sunday, June 25th.
Written By: Mansi Gupta | Post Date: 10 May 2017