One of the most followed actresses of Bollywood, a Super Model and a fashionista, Deepika Padukone is a diva and the diva turns 31 today. 10 years ago, the gorgeous lady put her foot in the Hindi Film industry with Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om, opposite none other than Shah Rukh Khan. Between that day and today, Deepika has come a long way. Today she is considered as one of the leading actresses of Bollywood. After impressing the fans with her films like Piku, Tamasha, Ram Leela and Baji Rao Mastani, Deepika is all set to make inroads into Hollywood with her upcoming film, xXx: The Return of Xander Cage, with Vin Diesel.
As she celebrates her birthday today, let's look at five lesser known facts about Deepika Padukone:
1. It was Himesh Reshammiya who had given Deepika her first break. Yes! It's true. In 2007, Himesh cast her in his first music video titled, “Naam Hai Tera”. This was her first shot to fame. It was also in this video that Farah Khan noticed this leggy beauty and offered her a movie.
2. We all know how talented Deepika is. Be it her acting or her dancing moves, Deepika has always impressed us. But we bet you didn't know that she has learnt acting from Anupam Kher and dancing from Shiamak Davar.
3. Along with being an amazing actress, Deepika Padukone is a philanthropist as well. She knows how to give it back to the community. Very few of us know that the lady has adopted a village named Ambegaon in Maharashtra, to help villagers with their water and electricity needs. She is also working with her father's organization, Olympic Gold Quest, which works towards the betterment of Indian athletes.
4. Actually, Om Shanti Om was not supposed to be Deepika's debut film in Bollywood. After noticing her in Himesh's music video, Farah offered her a role in “Happy New Year”, but as the film got shelved at that time, Farah cast her as her leading lady opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Om Shanti Om.
5. Badminton is in her genes. We all know that she is the daughter of famous Indian badminton player, Prakash Padukone, but little did we know that Deepika herself is a very proficient Badminton player, before she found her stride in modelling industry. She has even played state level baseball.
We wish this talented actress a very Happy Birthday and luck for her upcoming Hollywood film, xXx – The Return of Xander Age!
Written By: Mansi Gupta | Post Date: 05 January 2017