Arjun Rampal is all set to portray famous gangster-turned-politician, Arun Gawli in Ashim Ahluwalia’s Daddy. This morning, the actor unveiled the first look of the film on his twitter and literally left us jaw dropped. Arjun, who is gearing up for the release of Kahaani 2, is looking stunning in the first motion poster of Daddy. Ever since he was roped in to play this notorious gangster, we were waiting for just a glimpse of his look in the film. Knowing Arjun and his dedication to give his heart and soul to a character, Daddy will surely give us more reasons to praise this handsome hunk.
Arjun is one busy star these days. After nailing it down with his Joe in Rock On 2, he will now be seen playing an inspector in Kahaani 2, which is all set to hit the theatres this Friday. While Kahaani 2 is yet to release, we are served with his look in the next film he will be seen in. The shooting of Daddy was recently wrapped up. The release date of the film is not yet announced but we sure are very eager to watch Arjun playing Arun Gawli.
While the Bollywood movie is gearing up for its post-production work, here’s all we know about Daddy:
1. Apparently, Arjun Rampal was roped in for this role because of his uncanny resemblance to Arun Gawli. While he is much taller than Gawli, prosthetics have been used to make him look exactly Gawli’s height.
2. Farhan Akhtar will also be seen in the film doing an important cameo. He is rumoured to be playing another popular gangster, Dawood Ibrahim. For the third time now, after Rock On and Rock On 2, we will see Arjun and Farhan sharing the screen.
3. The film has been shot at real locations in Mumbai and will cover Gawli’s life from his 20s to his 60s. Arun Gawli was regarded as Robinhood by the residents of his neighbourhood, who lovingly call him Daddy.
4. The makers have released a 14-second clip of the film that shows an original mug shot of Gawli from his arrest in 1979 at the Agripada jail in Mumbai. As the video progresses, it morphs to become Arjun’s face and the tagline reads, “The only one who did not run”.
5. The film will also mark the Bollywood debut of Southern cinema actress Aishwarya Rajesh, who will be playing the role of Arun Gawli’s wife.