The massive Bollywood industry can be considered as its own universe packed with tons of celebrities, gossip, paparazzi, rumours, and breaking news stories. Whether you’re a die-hard fan of Bollywood movies or just an admirer of all the drama and masala, there’s a chance that you’ve heard it all before. However, we’ve got five fascinating Bollywood movie facts that you might not know about yet. Check it out!
1. The grandiose and extravagant Mughal-e-Azam was actually a trilingual film. Apart from the superhit Hindi version, the film was also shot in Tamil and English. However, when the Tamil release flopped, the English version of the film was scrapped instantly.
2. Two of the longest films ever made in India, LOC: Kargil and Mera Naam Joker have a run time of 255 minutes. Mera Naam Joker was so long that it became the the first Hindi movie to have not one but two intervals.
3. The glamorous Kareena Kapoor wore over 130 dresses by top fashion designers from all over the world in Heroine. So much so that it is believed her wardrobe for the film was one of the most expensive out of all the Bollywood movies ever created.
4. We’ve all seen and loved Hrithik Roshan’s debut film Kaho Naa.. Pyar Hai. But you might not know that it was such a blockbuster that it was added to the Guinness Book of World Records for winning the most number of awards for a movie in 2002. It had won a total of 92 awards!
5. Remember Dil Chahta Hai? It was and still remains as one of the ultimate buddy movies in Bollywood. However, it might be surprising to find out that Farhan Akhtar actually wrote this script for Dil Chahta Hai in English and later took over two months to translate and rewrite it in Hindi.