Even before Baahubali: The Conclusion hits the theatre, Rana Daggubatti is hogging the limelight these days. His upcoming big multi-lingual film, The Ghazi Attack is making a lot of buzzes and the actor is enjoying all the attention his film is getting. The film is all set to release on 17th of Feb and the first look of the film was released on the occasion of the Indian Navy Day last month.
Before the film gets unveiled on the big screen, here’s everything you need to know about it:
1. What is Ghazi and What is the story behind it?
PNS Ghazi was the first fast-attack Tench-class, diesel-electric submarine of Pakistan Navy, subleased from the United States in 1963. During the India-Pakistan War of 1971, it became a serious threat to the Indian Navy. On December 4th, 1971, the submarine mysteriously sank during its hunt to attack the Vikrant during the mission on the Vishakhapatnam Port, Bay of Bengal.
2. The Ghazi Attack is based on PNS Ghazi submarine mysterious sinking. It tells the story of an executive naval officer Lt. Commander Arjun Varma (played by Rana Duggubatti) and his team who were sent out on a search operation that soon turns into a battle they have to win at any cost. They had remained underwater for 18 days. The film also features Taapsee Pannu playing a refugee, Late actor Om Puri, Atul Kulkarni, Kay Kay Menon, playing a Navy Officer and many more.
3. The film is touted to be the first Indian underwater war film. Ever since the makers unveiled the trailer of the film, fans have been going all excited about the film.
4. While superstars Chiranjeevi and Suriya teaming up to narrate the war story to moviegoers down south, Amitabh Bachchan will narrate the story in the Hindi version. These superstars’ voices will be used to narrate some crucial sections of the story.
4. The film is directed by Sankalp Reddy and is co-produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions. The movie is reported to be partially based on Reddy’s own book “Blue Fish”. The Hindi version will be distributed by Dharma Productions.
The trailer of The Ghazi Attack is very gripping and has already been winning accolades for the excellent picturisation. The movie is scheduled to release on 17th February across the country.