Shraddha Kapoor might be a star kid, but with her sheer hard work, talent and choice of movies, she has created her own niche in the Bollywood industry. Just six years in the industry and she is already touted as the next big thing of Bollywood. The tall and beautiful daughter of Bollywood infamous villain Shakti Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor was much talked about for her role in Aashiqui 2 in 2013, opposite Aditya Roy Kapur. She was acclaimed for her acting in this film and also got several nominations in the Best Actress Category, especially in the Filmfare Awards. Mohit Suri again cast her for his next movie, Ek Villain in 2014 opposite Siddharth Malhotra. Although, she began her acting career with a brief role in the 2010 film Teen Patti, but the stardom for this stealing beauty came with the movie Aashiqui 2. She impressed and charmed us all with her performance in Haider, ABCD 2, Baghi and Ok Jaanu.
On her birthday today, we bring to few lesser-known facts about Shraddha Kapoor.
1. She is a drop out of Boston University. She was good at studies, but due to her aspirations of becoming an actress, she left her studies midway.
2. We all know that Shakti Kapoor had mostly played a baddie on the big screen. When Shraddha was a kid, she used to get teased a lot in school for being a villain’s child. She used to yell at her dad for doing all negative and funny roles. When explained that it was only acting in front of the camera, the acting bug bit Shraddha too and she made up her mind about what she wanted to be in life.
3. Shraddha Kapoor is one hell of an adventurous girl. Not just a fitness freak she is, but also a certified scuba diver. She is always a go-getter when it comes to trying adventurous sports.
4. Aashiqui 2 was the film which made Shraddha an overnight star. But did you know that it was the second film offered to her, first being YRF’s ‘Aurangzeb’. She chose ‘Aashiqui 2′ over ‘Aurangzeb’.
5. Shraddha is such a big die-hard fan of Big B that she agreed to do a small role in her debut film “Teen Patti” only because it starred Amitabh Bachchan.
This year the actress will be seen in Half Girlfriend opposite Arjun Kapoor.