Helmed by the Cocktail and Love Aajkal fame director, Dinesh Vijan , Raabta, starring Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon is all set to hit the theatres near you this June! Ever since the shooting of Raabta had started, it has managed to grab the limelight for one reason or the other. Now after battling many controversies and hurdle the film has been marred with, the lead pair of Sushant Singh Rajput and Kriti Sanon are now ready to make us swoon with their magical chemistry on screen on June 9th.
Before the movie gets unveiled in cinemas near you, here’s all you need to know about Raabta.
1. Judging from the trailer, Raabta seems like a modern love story and a historical rebirth saga. It’s a love triangle spanning over two eras. The modern day sequences of the film have been shot in the beautiful locales of Budapest. Along with Sushant and Kriti Sanon, the film also features Jim Sarbh of Neerja fame. He is playing an antagonist in the film.
2. The song “Kuch Toh Hai Tujhse Se Raabta” starring Deepika Padukone has been ruling the chartbusters since it’s release. Raabta is Dinesh Vijan’s directorial debut, so he wanted his close friend and lucky charm, Deepika to star in a special appearance in the film.
3. Apparently, the film was delayed for quite some time due to casting issues. The makers wanted to cast Alia Bhatt as the leading lady of Sushant. But when Alia turned down the offer due to date issues, the makers approached Asin. Asin too declined the role as she did not not want to act in films post marriage. Finally, the role was offered to Kriti Sanon and the shooting of the film began in Feb 2016.
4. Raabta got embroiled in controversy when the makers of S.S. Rajamouli’s Magadheera went to court against the release of the film over the story with a plagiarism charge. Apparently, ever since the trailer of the movie was released, it was alleged that it is a rip-off of S.S Rajamouli’s 2009 Telugu blockbuster film, Magadheera, featuring Kajal Aggarwal and Ram Charan. The film has got an uncanny resemblance with Magadheera.
5. The music of the film which is being composed by Pritam has been receiving rave reviews. But this very music created another controversy for the film. The music composer, Pritam, at the last minute decided to withdraw his name from the credits as he was not happy with the decision of the makers to add a song to the album, re-worked by other artists. If this was not enough, another controversy cropped up when Punjabi singer J-Star accused T-Series of recreating his hit number for ‘Raabta’ without his consent!
But as they say, all’s well that ends well. The film is finally releasing on June 9th , inspite of all the hurdles and controversies it has faced.