Spiderman: Far from home is an American superhero film based on the Marvel comics and a sequel to the 2017 film Spiderman: Homecoming (2017).
The film Spiderman: Far from home, which released recently worldwide is produced by the Marvel cine studios under the franchise ‘Marvel Cinematic Universe’ (MCU).
Here are some interesting facts about the film & the franchise.
- Spider-Man: Far from home is the 23rd release from the MCU ‘Infinity Saga’ franchise.
- This film is the last in the 3rd phase of the ‘Infinity Saga films (Captain America: Civil war released in 2016 was the 1st film in the 3rd phase).
- The 1st phase began with Iron man in 2008 and the 2nd phase with Iron man 3 in 2013.
- The film has grossed nearly $580 million worldwide in its 1st weekend and is declared as the biggest hit of Sony Pictures Entertainment this year.
- This happens to be the 5th film that actor Tom Holland appears as the Spider-Man (the first was Captain America: Civil war).
- Spider-Man dons a new red and black suit for this film which differs from the earlier versions (red & blue).
- As the name suggests, Spider-Man: Far from home is set in Europe, far from his home America. He is joined by his friends Ned, MJ and the rest of his gang in a breath-taking adventure away from home.
- Following the events of Avengers: Endgame Peter Parker is recruited by Nick Fury and the supervillain Mysterio to fight elemental threats from a different dimension.
- Spider-Man: Far from home is the first Sony Pictures movie to be released in 270-degree panoramic Screen X format.
- Apart from 3D and IMAX, this movie is also being released in multi-sensory 4DX version.
- This is the first Spider-Man movie from the MCU that is specially formatted for IMAX with an aspect ratio of 1.90:1 (Spider-Man: Homecoming had an aspect ratio of 2.39:1).
- The movie is expected to give some crucial hints about the plot threads in the upcoming ‘Phase 4’ series of the MCU Franchise.
- Spider-Man: Far from home features the first live-action appearance of Mysterio.
- In India, Spider-Man: Far from home Spider-Man: Far from home was released in 4 languages – English, Hindi, Telugu & Tamil and five formats – 2D, 3D, IMAX 3D, MX4D & 4dX 3D.
Come prepared for a stunning audiovisual experience!!!