Fast & Furious franchise fans can rejoice. The 9th instalment of this successful franchise, Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw movie, was released on 2nd August 2019. Franchise constants, Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, are slated to reprise their roles as Luke Hobbs and Deckard Shaw.
It is quite evident from the Hobbs & Shaw movie trailer that this movie is trying to be a standalone movie, and people with no knowledge of the previous Fast and Furious movies can enjoy it too. Whether this formula will work at this point in the franchise or not, time will tell. If you are yet to watch the movie, we have prepared a list of interesting facts to prepare you before you go to watch the movie.
- The Rock has been a part of the franchise for just about a decade now. He first starred in the 2011’s Fast Five movie, where he is a DSS agent chasing the Toretto crew but ends up working with them. Dwayne Johnson has been a major reason for fortifying the series
- Hobbs and Shaw were not always the best of buddies. The first time they were together they were locking heads which continued into the next movie too. Their relationship has witnessed quite a growth since capturing Cipher.
- In Tokyo Drift, Deckard Shaw killed Han Lue, but he made it look like a car crash. Since then he has become an antagonist to an ally of the crew. But many viewers still want justice for Han. Time will tell if justice is served.
- Hobb’s daughter, Samantha, is set to return in the Hobbs & Shaw movie. The character premiered in ‘The Fate of the Furious’, but now much is known. Eliana Sua will play the character.
- We will get to see Shaw’s sister, Hattie Shaw, a Mi6 agent. She is not the first Shaw family member to share screen space with Deckard though. Brother, Owen Shaw was seen in The Fate of the Furious with mother, Madalene.