It's that time of the week again when we wave goodbye to our daily routine and embrace the weekend with new vigour. Yes it's Friday and teh weekend is just here! If you think rain can spoil your weekend, then don't let it. We bring to you an awesome list of events that even the pouring rains can not dampen. Movies, Comedy, Dance, Music and Masti – our kitty is full with everything you call entertainment. So Mumbai, puddle your way out to the awesome hand-picked events, specially curated to make your weekend the best one ever.
Another Kapoor is entering tinsel town this week! Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan is making his big debut in Bollywood with Rakesh Om Prakash Mehra's Mirzya. Saiyami Kher who also comes from good acting stock is cast opposite Harshvardhan in the film. Inspired by the folk tale of the legend of Mirza Sahiban, Mirzya is an epic action-romance set in contemporary times. If you are drawn to stories that are high on aesthetics with lyrical narratives, Mirzya deserves a watch!
Garba season is back! And here we give you some of the Best Navratri events happening in your city. Take your pick!
1. Dome Raas Garba 2016 with Parthiv gohil at Dome @ NSCI. SVP stadium
2. Pushpanjali Navaratri Utsav with Falguni Pathak at Pushpanjali Gardens
3. Alive Kraft Meera's Navratri with Preeti and Pinky at Kutchi Ground
4. Radiance Dandiya at Hotel Sahara Star
5. Nav Raag Navratri 2016 with the Dandiya king Naitik Nagda and Rock On Beats at Chitrakoot Ground
If the art of theatre is what interests you, then you are in luck. Few classic plays have returned to the city this week. If you haven't yet got an opportunity to watch them yet, here is your chance!
1. Batwara at Andheri Base
2. Twelve Angry Jurors at Bal Gandharva Rang Mandir
3. Shabana Azmi's Broken Images at St. Andrews Auditorium
4. Sharman Joshi starrer Main Aur Tum at Tata theatre, NCPA
5. Rakesh Bedi's Massage at Experimental theatre, NCPA
Want to laugh out loud this weekend? We give you some amazing stand-up shows where you can laugh your worries away. Have a look!
1. Bachelors of Comedy: A Night of College Humour at The Hive, Khar
2. Best of Amit Tandon at Canvas Laugh Club
4. Culture Shoq Specials: Homos Oddysey featuring Nick Pillow and Navin Noronha at the Hive Khar
Summary:These hand-picked events will surely make this weekend fun! Have a happy weekend.
Written By: Mansi Gupta | Post Date: 07 October 2016