One of the most anticipated acts of the year to come to India,The Chainsmokers, have a lot more to offer than their hit international tracks and pulsating music. Here is a list of things you can expect at the Mumbai & Delhi, Road to Ultra event.
1. If you’re someone who likes variety,you’ll surely be amused as The Chainsmokers are bringing along other famous acts like Slushii, Rezz,Getter, Sam Feldt and Mykris. So get ready to experience the thrill of grooving to these different styles and genres that include Hip-Hop, Dubstep, Future Bass, Hard Style, Electro, Progressive and Melodic House to name a few.
Source – Festival Sherpa
2. A candid session is also being organised that is sure to add some more fun, glamour and razzmatazz to the event. Speculation is rife that Bollywood superstar Ranveer Singh will be the one to take the hit making duo’s interview, albeit in his humorous and hyper/candid style. The organisers and Ranveer’s team have reportedly been in talks since the past three months for the same. Both the parties are youth icons and can keep conversations flowing, this would be an exciting addition to the event.
3. The electronic pop duo is expected to be dressed in their edgy best, as designer to the stars, Neeta Lulla has been working on creating a quirky ensemble for them. She has previously designer outfits for Hollywood celebrities like Steven Segal and Tyra Banks. The Grammy award winning band consisting of Alex Taggart and Alex Pall are known to be fashion conscious which makes the choice of fusion outfits, just right for them. Their outfits would consist of bomber jackets, lycra pants and kurtas. Ms. Lulla has given their outfits an Indian flavour by incorporating elements of Warli tribal art as well as her signature abstract Ganpati in bright electric colours. All of these quirks would make up for some vibrant, casual and happy-go-lucky outfits, which is exactly what The Chainsmokers represent to their fans and would be fun to see.
4. Bollywood celebrity and actress Priyanka Chopra who is popular on the international circuit too, for her ABC produced show Quantico and Hollywood movies, is also expected to be at the event. She has previously collaborated with The Chainsmokers for her single Erase in 2012. Pee Cee will hopefully be sharing the stage with an opening act of her own, which needless to say would be one of a kind.
5. A whole lot of Bollywood celeb spotting is also another reason you mustn’t miss this spectacular event, as celebrities like Malaika Arora,Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt are known to flock to concerts in the city. With some luck, you could find yourself standing next to and enjoying the concert with Bollywood starlets. There are also reports of a glitzy after party with the city’s who’s who and it is also believed that The Chainsmokers are looking to collaborate with Indian musicians.
The show and the band are expected to make their foray in India with two Road to ULTRA shows in Mumbai and Delhi, on September 7 and 8, respectively. The Chainsmokers will be headlining both the shows that will be held at Mahalaxmi Race Course in Mumbai and India Exposition Mart in Greater Noida. Be sure to catch this exhilarating act this September.