The theatre scene in Delhi is getting better day by day. If theatre is your cup of tea, then this weekend is going to be an amazing one for you, as you have many options to choose from the many plays happening in your city. Whether you like your play with a bit of humour or drama or satire, you will definitely find one matching your preferences. To make things easier for you, we have curated a list of the top five plays staging in Delhi that a theatre lover would love to watch any time!
1. Baat Niklegi Toh Presented by Mahesh Bhatt, Baat Niklegi Toh is a story of tale of hardships, strife and love. Set in 1990s Delhi, the play traces the journey of a conscientious boy from Bihar named Ajay Mishra, who dreams of becoming an IAS officer, but is confronted with socio-political issues and cultural ironies prevailing during that time in Delhi. His strife to succeed in life against all odds forms the crux of the story. Featuring Imran Zahid and Bhumika Singh in the lead roles, the play will be staged at Shri Ram Centre on Friday and Saturday this week.
2. Bade Bhai Sahab This is a witty and hilarious, but riveting and touching theatre adaptation of Munshi Premchand’s famous short story – Bade Bhai Sahab, which explores the role of an elder brother in one’s life. Presented by Mitr Cultural Society and directed by Anil Sharma, this Hindi Comedy Play is scheduled to be staged at Mad Auditorium on Saturday, 10th June. Book your tickets here!
3. Moteram Ka Satyagrah Staging at Amphitheatre, India Habitat Centre on Saturday, 10th June, Moteram Ka Stayagrah is an Asmita theatre presentation. This comic-satire brings to fore the contemporary social issues related to religion and politics. It’s a sensitive subject to deal with, but the playwright has entwined it with hilarity represented the issue in an entertaining manner.
4. Maan Gaye Ustaad Another comedy, Maan Gaye Ustaad, makes for a perfectly hilarious evening outing you are looking for. Playing at L.T.G. Auditorium this Saturday, it’s a story of mistaken identity, the awkwardness of situations and the hypocrisy of pretenders. You can book your tickets for this play here.
5. Ajab Ghar Ki Gazab Kahani It’s a hilarious family drama playing at L.T.G. Auditorium this Saturday. Featuring many popular theatre artists from Delhi, the play makes for a perfect plan for a family outing this weekend!