The theatre scene in Pune is really exciting this week like never before. Few popular ones have returned to the city and some new plays are set to premiere! Theatre lovers in the city will have a gala time. So without much delay, here we present to you 5 upcoming plays and theatre events staging near you that you should absolutely not miss this weekend.
1. Mr. & Mrs. Muraralilal Starring two seasoned artists, Satish Kaushik and Meghna Malik, Mr. & Mrs. Murarlilal is a play about old age, friendship, love and romance, with a touch of suspense. After impressing the audiences in Mumbai, the play has come to Pune now. Watch director Saif Hyder Hasan’s Mr. & Mrs. Muraralilal for some solid performances and a twist in tale in this sweet and matured love story. The play is scheduled to be staged at the Nehru Memorial Hall this Friday on April 21st.
2. Punha Sahi Re Sahi Kedar Shinde’s most successful Marathi play, Punah Sahi Re Sahi has come to Pune this weekend. Entertaining the Marathi audience since 15 years now, Bharat Jadhav starrer Punah Sahi re Sahi is a must watch laughing riot that will mesmerize you for sure. Book your tickets and laugh like crazy. The play will be staged at Yashwantrao Chavan Natyagruha on April 20th.
3. Ek Mulaqaat Another very successful play, Ek Mulaqaat, is making its way to the city this week. Designed and directed by Saif Hyder Hasan, the play features Shekhar Suman and Deepti Naval in lead roles. Ek Mulaqaat is a play of unfulfilled love, magical poetry and music. It is a beautiful love story of two eminent poets.
4. Amar Photo Studio It’s a Marathi drama about a young couple who are intrigued about their past and worried about their future. How this couple who have decided to part ways come back together and live happily ever after forms the crux of this upcoming play in Pune. You can witness this drama at Bal Gandharva Rang Mandir on April 22nd.
3. Carry On Entertainment – Ramdas Padhye Live This Marathi play is a never before seen puppet revue with fun, fantasy, music and stand-up comedy tickling the funny bone of young and old alike. This 2 hour comedy will leave you rolling on the floor laughing for sure.