Karan is back again with his show Koffee with Karan, which is not just sassy but also infamously known for churning juicy gossip. And we all know, there is no one who does candid better than Karan and his guests on the couch! Ever since this season was announced, rumours about who will be the first guests on the show started doing the rounds. And the suspense ended last Sunday, with Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt being the first guests of Koffee With Karan Season 5. And we must say, Karan Johar has a knack of presenting things in a quite grand way!
If you have missed out on the opening episode of KWK Season 5, fret not we’ve got you covered! Here’s decoding the episode for you.
1. From SRK calling himself a fourth idiot, to Alia’s relationship break, the show kicked off to a spectacular start. The Dear Zindagi stars walked hand-in- hand towards Karan’s couch and the candid confessions began right at the outset. Shah Rukh confessed that he regrets his decision of turning down 3 Idiots and called himself the fourth idiot. On being asked about her relationship status, Alia said she is on a relationship break.
2. Shah Rukh Khan was at his witty best! From discussing about Ranveer Singh’s underwear to his reply on why he skipped the last season of the show, SRK struck a chord. He also impersonated Arnab Goswami like a pro in the newly introduced game on the show, which Karan has directly picked up from Ellen DeGenres TV show.
Source – DNA India
3. And here’s the surprise! Alia won the GK round (remembered she goofed up last time, when she called Prithviraj Chauhan as the President of India). But this time, the GK questions came in genres, like completing the brand names like Coco Chanel, Tom Ford etc. Guess that was done for Alia to save face. No wonder she won!
4. SRK won the rapid fire round and walked away with the iconic “Coffee Hamper” for the fourth time now. Although its a new season, the questions were all the same and we felt like we were watching an older episode.
Source – Indiatimes
5. This season, it seems the host Karan Johar is sticking to what he is best at and that is conversation, rather that Q & A. He gets his guests comfortable and then brings out laughs out of them.
The next episode of KWK will feature “Khiladi” Akshay Kumar and his wife Twinkle Khanna. We hope Mrs. Funnybones tickles our funny bones with her quirky and witty one liners!