Have you spent the last nine years of your life indulging ridiculous slap bets and watching the robots VS wrestlers match or sitting for endless hours at the MacLarens pub? Congratulations you have just lived the most legendary part of your life with Ted, Barney, Robin, Marshall and Lilly in true HIMYM style. This sitcom moved us, made us laugh and inspired us in so many ways. So kids, let me tell you a story about how HIMYM has influenced our lives:
1. Do you have an ex-lover who just can’t get over you?
Fix him up your doppelganger. Yes finding your look–alike is like finding a needle in a haystack, but you don’t have to work too hard. The universe will make your life easier. The same way how Scooter fell for ‘Stripper’ Lilly.
2. Counting on your friends or colleagues to get you premium passes for the upcoming IPL season? Nope, you’re not going to get it. There is no such thing as hope, especially when you’re not working towards your aim. Hope and dependency should be the last thing on your mind.
3. Just got dumped by the love of your life? Has he/she walked out of the Mandap/Altar right before you? This is only temporary.
The worst heartbreak of your life might give you something to cheer about in the future.
4. You will always have your best friends by your side. You may disagree on several things, insult each other and even move to Italy.
Make up with them by playing the best revenge game there is! The slap bet, sure it’s indiscernibly painful but who cares as long as it’s fun.
Are you constantly using social media to anonymously take part in the SRK VS Sallu bhai fanpage
? Or are you an ardent Rakhi Sawant or KRK
Then get ready for an intervention party. Yes, your friends will pin you down and offer you some solid advice, just in case you don’t goof up your future.
Remember how the yellow umbrella
appeared as a sign for Ted
to find the love of his life?
The universe will always show signs about your future. It’s upto you to chase it.
7. You will always find a shoulder to lean on when you’re in the lowest point in your life.
They don’t advice you, they don’t judge you, but they just listen to you to help you clear your mind. People like this are rare to find. Keep ’em close.
8. However volatile or rocky you are, you will always go weak in your knees for one person. Take the case of Barney, nobody knew what the ever-suited Barney did for a living?
And how he deceitfully used his play-book to woo girls, the consequences of which resulted in Barney becoming a father. Now here comes the best part; after delicately holding the baby in his arms, the teary-eyed Casanova swore that the baby girl is and will always be the love of his life.
9. The most-unexpected things happen after 2 a.m.
It’s best that you play it safe and don’t venture out. You might just end up doing something that you will regret in the morning.
Do people find it odd that you love to snack on egg maggi? Or that you love actors like Sunny Deol and Suniel Shetty
? Don’t worry! There will always be somebody out there whose taste matches yours.
Remember Barney and Robin‘s love for scotch and cigar, Ted and Tracy’s love for music and Marshall and Lilly’s love for matching Halloween sweaters? It is all going to work as planned.
You might never get The One you love, but you will always get the love of your life. Even though Ted
was heartbroken and had faced rejection, he gradually overcame it when he found, the mother – Tracy.
You may get into fights, stay mad at each other and things might even get difficult, but this will only make you love the person more. Always remember this epic quote by Ted, “It was at times a long, difficult road. But I’m glad it was long and difficult, because if I hadn’t gone through hell to get there, the lesson might not have been as clear. You see, kids, right from the moment I met your mom, I knew, I have to love this woman as much as I can and as long as I can and I can never stop loving her, not even for a second. I carried that lesson through every stupid fight we ever had, every 5 a.m. Christmas morning, every sleepy Sunday afternoon, every speed bump, every pang of jealousy or boredom or uncertainty that came our way. I carried that lesson with me”.
HIMYM has taught us to chase our dreams and wait for that perfect someone.This might help you meet the Robin of your life. Making life seem *wait for it* Legendary.