When it comes to style and panache, this lady needs no introduction. She is Bollywood's trend-setter and a fashion icon in the true sense. Every outfit that she dons, she adds the right amount of oomph factor to it. While most of us avoid taking risks with new styles, she is not only experimental with every look but also manages to carry it off like a true fashionista. She is Bollywood’s real-life Carrie Bradshaw and has also made the nation proud by making heads turn at the Annual Cannes Film Festival. We are talking about none other than the flawless beauty- Sonam Kapoor. As 2016 has nearly come to an end, we thought of putting together 16 of her best and most stylish looks which can you give some major fashion-inspo.
1)The actress walked the ramp this year for designer-duo, Shantanu and Nikhil in this coming-of-age bridal lehenga choli. The black velvet choli with an intricate gold embroidery and a centre-parted bun looked royal and ethereal to say the least.
2) On Republic Day, earlier this year, Sonam hoisted the National Flag at a school in the country. She wore a stunning saree for this event designed by the ace designers, Abu Jani- Sandeep Khosla. The khadi saree looked even more amazing with the colourful jacket blouse silver jhumkas.
3) She won an award for her impeccable performance in the movie, Neerja at the Indian Films Festival of Melbourne. She accepted the award in Anamika Khanna Couture matching pant and vest separates, a long duster coat, a chunky necklace and finished the look with the sleek wet do and Louboutin pumps. She totally owned this look.
4) She attended Bips and KSG’s wedding reception in this rather unconventional outfit by Nikasha. And we are sure, only she could have carried it off with this elegance. Sonam rocked the silver choker, which was a huge fascination this year. The silver antique bag added the right amount of shine to this outfit.
5) The Kapoor girl looked like a Disney princess in this pretty Caroline Hayden pink gown. While most of us wouldn’t even try something like this, she rocked this look like an absolute diva. She accessorised this dazzling outfit with turquoise earrings and light make-up.
6) This one can be captioned as one of her best looks ever. Her first red carpet look this year at the Cannes festival was in this chic and pristine all-white Ralph and Russo couture gown. The cold-shoulder, cape and choker were all just perfect to the T.
7) While all the other celebs opted for heavy embroidered sarees to go to the Cannes Festival, only Sonam could have donned this RimZim Dadu black and blue saree. It is the best of both worlds: cutting-edge style and traditional Indian.
8) At the Chopard Event, Sonam wore a dazzling neckpiece by Chopard and a black lace outfit by Ralph and Russo (yet again). This is one of our favourites. The body suit along with the sheer frilly skirt and the lacy gloves were looking nothing short of gorgeous.
9) For the prestigious AmFar Gala, Sonam paired this powder blue embroidered Ralph & Russo gown with an Indian styled- braid and gold earrings. We love the intricacy of the embroidery and out-of-the-box sleeves.
11) Bollywood’s renowned fashion designer, Manish Malhotra recently celebrated his 50th birthday and the entire industry turned up in their stylish best. Sonam was spotted in this hot and bold black velvet gown with net bell sleeves.
12) In a custom Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla saree, Sonam felicitated last year’s kids who won the National Bravery Awards. Always the one to add a twist, you can notice her carrying the pallu as a scarf around her neck. She tied her hair back in a tube- rose gajra looking like a timeless beauty.
13) She was holidaying in Los Angeles, California this year and was spotted in this white Chloe off-shoulder top with white culottes and tan loafers made her look fashion-forward and proved it that she can look pretty in casuals too.
14) At one of the recent launches for a brand that she endorses, Sonam rocked the androgynous look like a complete pro. The blazer with culotte pants and kitten heels are something only she could have risked to wear.
15) At an event for the Fight Hunger Foundation, Sonam wore this very interesting dress by Proenza Schouler. Her black and white beaded dress with a perforated off-shoulder made her look perfect. She teamed this outfit with a black and diamond choker along with a chain bag and black pumps.
Here’s hoping that SK continues to inspire us all through 2017 as well, with unconventional style statements and high-end fashion.
Watch the video below to get your hands on some of Sonam's stylish outfits in 2016.