The Indian T20 League is almost at the halfway mark, and franchises will soon by vying for that elusive spot in the Top 4 as the second phase begins. Meanwhile, fans of this tournament are facing a tough time handling their non-cricket friends. Are you one of those people who are constantly being judged for being a T20 geek? Well, you’re not the only one! But what’s not to love about this wonderful format that entertains you in every possible way? Sadly, some people will never get the hang of it and and will question your choice every time you talk about it.
If you love Twenty20 cricket and can’t stop raving about it, we bet you’ve heard these things for the past 8 years!
1. When you’re talking about a record that was just shattered in one of the matches…
"T20 is not real cricket, boss!"
Yeah, sure. Let’s get technical, shall we?
2. When the team you support is on a winning/losing spree…
"Sab fixed hai!"
Of course, it has nothing to do with one team beating another on merit!
3. When you tell your friends you’re going to watch a live match..
"What a waste of time and money! Mat ja, haar jayenge!"
Excuse me, have you ever been to a stadium before?
4. When your team loses the match you watched in the stadium… which, by the way, might just be a co-incidence.
"Bola tha na!"
Ummm, okay! So can you predict who’s going to win the T20 League this year?
5. When you’re discussing how the tournament is a boon for upcoming Indian cricketers…
"Sab paise ke liye khelte hai!"
Totally! Do you offer honorary services at your workplace?
Have you ever been tortured like this? Share the most annoying thing you’ve heard in the comments section below!