When The Xposé was first announced, people had different expectations. Some expected the film to be a thrilling mystery, whereas others anticipated an unintentional laugh riot. Now that we’ve seen it, we know that The Xposé was much more – It was a handbook for everyday life.
Yes, Ravi Kumar (Himesh Reshammiya) taught us a lot of valuable life lessons in less than two hours. On the heels of a sequel announcement, let’s take a look at five of the most important life lessons The Xposé taught us:
1. Too much of a good thing can be bad. This applies to everything, including and especially love. Haven’t so many of us had to endure a crazy ex-boyfriend or girlfriend? As Ravi Kumar so wonderfully put it, "Kabhi kabhi zyada pyaar bhi nuksaan kar deta hai!"
2. As much as we wish they did, things don’t always go our way. Whether a vehicle splashes water on your favorite outfit or someone else eats the last cookie, we’ve all felt personally victimized by the universe. At such times, just remember, "Kudrat ke insaaf ko samajhna insaan ke bas ki baat nahi hai."
3. The previous life lesson can apply to a lot of situations – financial loss, heartbreak and sickness, to name a few. But we face other troubles too. Sometimes, this means not being rewarded for our actions. However, "Jise jeete jaagte insaano ke pyaar ka reward milta hai, usse pital ke award ka koi moh nahi karna chahiye."
4. Do you think you’re gorgeous/dashing? If anyone ever says otherwise, just quote Ravi Kumar! After all, "Uparwaale ne make-up kar ke hi bheja hai"!
5. Last, but certainly not the least, Ravi Kumar also reminded us of the transient nature of money. If you’re ever confronted by someone who can’t stop talking about their gaadi, bangla and makaan, you can always tell them: "Na kafan mein jeb hai, na kabar mein almari. Aur kambakht maut ke farishte rishwat bhi nahi lete."
Now that you know all this and more, it’s safe to say that you’re at least a little better-equipped to go about everyday life. So, what are you still doing? Go live your life, Ravi Kumar-style!