1. Social comedy –Just like Khosla Ka Ghosla, Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami is a social comedy and takes a satirical look at social issues. In Khosla Ka Ghosla, a family is fighting against corruption to claim what is theirs. Similarly in Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami, a family is fighting for their dead father’s honour.
2. Woes of a common man – The person who is worst affected from corruption is the common man. The protagonist of both the movies is a typical common man with strong beliefs and principles. Both Kamal Kishore Khosla and Purushotam Narayan Joshi believe in the ideals of a close-knitted family and living an honest life.
3. Father-son bonding – Both the movies portray a strong father-son bond. Both the movies have Anupam Kher playing the role of father. In case of Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami, the son is played by Divyendu Sharma whereas in Khosla Ka Ghosla, it was Parvin Dabas. Both the movies depict how a son would go to any lengths to help out his father.
4. Fight for a father’s pride – Both Khosla Ka Ghosla & Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami share a common vein in that the movies focus on a son trying to get his father what he deseves. In case of Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami, the family fights for their father’s respect and in case of Khosla Ka Ghosla, it is the house. The focus of both the movies is the daily fight of a common man and how he gets caught up in a system much larger than him.
5. Brings families closer – The underlying message in both Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami and Khosla Ka Ghosla is strong family ties. In both the movies, disjointed families come together to fight for a common cause where they fight for their father as one.
With so many similarities, Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami looks all set to become the next Khosla Ka Ghosla. And we say, why not? The movie industry could do with more such content driven movies.