Karan Johar’s latest movie, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil was one of the most-awaited films of the year. The moment the first look and the trailer of this film was released, everyone went gaga over what promised to be an unconventional story and how beautiful everyone looks in the film.
In Bollywood, love stories are the common topic, but with ADHM, you venture into the unexplored territories of unrequited love. Is it going to be super sad? Is it going to be super cheesy? Well, we leave it to you to decide. But the one thing we can help you out with is to decide if you should watch this movie or not. So, to make it easy, we give you five reasons why you totally should.
1) Anushka Sharma and Ranbir Kapoor's Chemistry – In this film, Anushka plays the role of Alizeh, an extremely cheerful Pakistani girl, while Ranbir plays the role of Ayaan, the rich, goofy guy. When they come together on screen, there’s madness. They look absolutely adorable together and their chemistry is mind-blowing; it will make you wish you had something like that with someone special in your life.
2) The Look and Feel of the Film – Karan Johar’s movies are not just visually appealing but are also absolutely entertaining. From beautiful locations to extremely trendy costumes, Karan has made sure everyone in this film looks stunning. Apart from that, this film is not an ordinary love story. It finally shows how it’s like to be on the other side of a breakup or the impact of an unrequited love.
3) Aishwarya's Presence – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, does she ever age? She plays the role of a middle aged poetess (shaira) named Saba, who definitely manages to take your breath away in every frame. Her passionate romance scenes with Ranbir are classily done, which shed some light on a different kind of relationship that we are not used to watching on screen.
4) All About the Cameos – The film also had special appearances from Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt, and Lisa Haydon, who add interesting twists to the plot. It’s almost like Karan plotted little Diwali gifts with these cameos throughout the film.
5) Music to Die for – If you plan to make a visually appealing movie, you also need beautiful music to do justice to the story. And Pritam has managed to do just that. Songs such as Bulleya, Channa Mereya and, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil will set you in a trance.
So, are you going to book for tickets? Have a happy weekend and Happy Diwali!