In 2011, Kangana Ranaut and R. Madhavan took the Hindi film industry by storm with their rom-com, Tanu Weds Manu. The charming film became the flavor of the summer, and audiences have been counting down to the sequel ever since. After what feels like an eternity, Tanu and Manu have returned. And it looks like the sequel is all set to be the love story of summer 2015. If you’re one of the few people who’s still not sure, we’ve got you covered. Here are 5 reasons Tanu Weds Manu Returns is the perfect love story to watch this weekend:
1. There has been a lot of speculation about Kangana’s character in the sequel. Is she playing a double role, or is she just sporting two looks? We’re not sure, but we know it’s going to make the film twice as much fun! After all, the only thing better than one Kangana Ranaut is two. Don’t you agree?
2. Dhanush. Yes, the superstar who made his Bollywood debut in Anand L. Rai‘s Raanjhanaa, is all set to make a cameo appearance in Tanu Weds Manu Returns. The last time the director-actor duo worked together was a massive success, so we know Tanu Weds Manu Returns is going to be a hit too!
3. Tanu Weds Manu Returns is the perfect summer romance film. And it’s one that we’re in dire need of. Summers are incomplete without a love story, and there’s no better candidate than this bittersweet sequel. Bring on that summer feeling!
4. With EDM and remixes dominating the radio, it’s been a while since we’ve been treated to a good ol’ desi soundtrack. However, the Tanu Weds Manu Returns OST embraces our roots. The result is a beautiful soundtrack that has party anthems and soul-stirring melodies. We couldn’t ask for more!
5. If you can’t wait to watch Tanu Weds Manu Returns, you’re in good company. Stars like Arjun Kapoor, Farah Khan, Riteish Deshmukh and Rishi Kapoor loved the trailer and expressed their excitement about the film on Twitter!
It’s not everyday that a movie gets us so excited, but Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a rare exception. Luckily for us, the film is just days away! Are you as excited as we are?