Sunburn Season 7 is about to kickstart with a bang. With Deadmau5’s arrival this time around, the event certainly promises to be a musical overdrive. Deadmau5, aka Joel Zimmerman, is a Producer and DJ within the genre of House, primarily Progressive House. He has some other tricks in his kitty too, having dabbled in some Techno and Dubstep. He has created benchmarks in the arena of Electronic Music, creating sounds and techniques that are innovative and inspiring. Here are the Top Five songs of Deadmau5 that you certainly wouldn’t want to miss out on –
1. Ghosts ‘n’ stuff – This is perhaps Deadmau5’s most popular song. It features vocals from Rob Swire, the frontman of Pendulum. It is groovy to the tee and has a positive vibe. There’s also a pulsating drum beat, beautifully complimented with a nice arrangement of synths and bleep.
2. Strobe – This song has a highly-addictive beat drop, something rarely witnessed in the field of Electronic Music. However, it might not catch your attention at the first instance – the song slowly grows on you when you listen to it on loop.
3. Sometimes Things Get, Whatever – There are a lot of breaks and pauses here. The most distinct feature is the remarkable amalgamation of restrained hi-hats and cleverly-placed beeps and tones. It takes us on a roller-coaster ride with its adrenaline-filled yet deeply soothing tune.
4. Raise Your Weapon – It features the eloquent vocals of Greta Svabo Bech. The song gradually transports you into a different surrounding, enthralling you with its beautiful lyrics and rollicking House beat. The standout feature however, remains the Dubstep drop that’s introduced midway through the song.
5. Some Chords – It’s a seven-and-a-half minute video and again quite famous for its electronic beats. As the name suggests, the intro consists of several chords which gradually alleviate the mood of the listener, creating a thumping and resounding sensation. This song is also hailed by many as one of the best works of Joel Zimmerman.
Deadmau5 is going to perform live in Mumbai, Bangalore and NCR on March 14, 15 and 16 respectively. You certainly wouldn’t want to miss out on all the fun and frolic!
To book your tickets, click here.
By Anubhav Shrivastava