Shruti Haasan is one actress who stars in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu cinema; and she does it impressively well! Born to veteran actor, Kamal Haasan and actress Sarika, Shruti’s foray into the film industry began with a Bollywood film. She debuted with the Hindi film Luck in 2009. Unfortunately, it failed to make a mark at the box office. However, it ushered in a string of opportunities for the young actress. She went on to win critical acclaim for her role in Disney’s Anaganaga O Dheerudu, and also for her Tamil film, 7aum Arivu. As she celebrates her birthday today, we list some lesser-known facts about Shruti Haasan.
1. Shruti is a trained musician who graduated from the Musicians Institute, California. She is also a trained Kuchipudi dancer.
2. She sang her first song at the age of six for the film Thevar Magan. The film starred her father, Kamal Haasan while Illaiyaraja composed the music.
3. The actress also made her first on-screen appearance in the film Hey Ram. She did a cameo as Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s daughter in the film.
4. Apart from being a singer and actress, Shruti Haasan is also a music composer. She has composed music for the 2009-released Unnaipol Oruvan.
5. 2015 was undoubtedly a power-packed year for the lovely actress. Her films, Welcome Back (Hindi), Gabbar (Hindi), Srimanthudu (Telugu) and Vedalam (Tamil) all were a part of the 100-crore club. She’s one actress who has an unparalleled national appeal.
In 2016, Shruti Haasan will be seen in S3, Majnu, Rocky Handsome and Yaara. It sure looks like she has an exciting year lined up ahead. Many happy returns of the day, Shruti.