Every year, the Tamil film industry welcomes new talent. Some go on to shine, while some fizzle out. New actors are brought on board for some big ticket films, giving them the much-needed visibility. Some actors fail to get recognition in their first film, but go on to get noticed gradually. In that line, can you guess who the most sought after heroine in Kollywood is, currently? If you’ve guessed Keerthy Suresh, you’re right! She was born to actress Menaka and film producer Suresh, and entering the film industry was a fairly straightforward decision for the actress.
After having appeared in Rajini Murugan, the actress seems to have captured the attention of the Tamil audience. Her good looks, command over the Tamil language and her charming on-screen presence in the film have impressed several. Here are 5 things Keerthy Suresh did before starring in this film opposite Sivakarthikeyan.
1. Keerthy Suresh started her film career as a child artist in Malayalam films. Her most notable film includes Kuberan, in which she played the role of Dileep’s adopted daughter. She was only 9 years old then.
2. Her first full-length role was in the Malayalam horror film – Geethanjali, which was directed by noted filmmaker, Priyadarshan.
3. After a 12-year journey, she got the opportunity to share space with Dileep for the second time in the film – Ring Master (2014). But this time, she played Dileep’s love interest in the film! (Talk about life being a full circle!)
4. Her debut film in Tamil was not Rajini Murugan, but director A. L. Vijay’s Idhu Enna Mayam
. Although the film failed to create a mark at the box-office, Keerthy Suresh was instantly noticed.
5. In 2016, she debuted in the Telugu with the film Nenu Shailaja
, which was termed as a hit at the box office.
We hope to see her charm us in several more films. What do you think of Keerthy Suresh? Tell us in the comments below.