It is a known fact that Jr NTR is one of the most loved superstars of the Telugu film industry. In a career span of over 17 years, he has seen a lot of ups and downs but that has never affected his stardom. He continues to be the darling of the masses and is among the few star kids who have carved a niche for themselves. Today, as the superstar celebrates his birthday, here is a look at nine interesting things about him.
1) He hails from Nandamuri family, one of the most powerful clans of Andhra Pradesh.
2) He first appeared on screen as a child artist in the movie Brahmashri Vishwamitra (1991) which was directed by his grandfather N. T. Rama Rao. His original name was Tarak. It was after this film that people started knowing him as Jr. NTR.
3) He is a trained Kuchipudi dancer and is regarded as one of best dancers in Telugu film industry.
4) The Baahubali franchise director, S. S. Rajamouli’s first two films had Jr. NTR in lead role. Both Student No.1 (2001) and Simhadri (2003) were blockbusters that helped him cement his position in the industry. The director-actor duo made a hattrick of blockbusters with Yamadonga (2007).
5) The audio launch of his film Andhrawala (2004) was the first ever massive audio launch happened in the presence of 10 lakh people. Going by the reports, Indian railways ran 10 special trains for the event, a record that has not been broken till date. However, the film was a disaster at the box office.
6) He is the only Telugu actor who has a loyal fan base in Japan. His film Baadshah (2013) was dubbed in Japanese and was nominated for a film festival in Japan. It is said that the only Indian actor who is more famous than him in Japan is Superstar Rajinikanth.
7) He featured twice in Forbes India Celebrity list for the year 2012 and 2016.
8) His last two releases Nannaku Prematho and Janatha Garage were massive hits and features among the all-time list of Telugu blockbusters. His upcoming film Jai Lava Kusa is also expected to generate the same kind of business.
9) His favorite number is 9. All his vehicles are registered with the number 9999. For his BMW 7 series car, he paid a whopping INR 10.5 lakh, which is the highest amount ever for a car number till date. That's also the reason why we chose to list 9 interesting things about him.
We wish Jr. NTR a very happy birthday and hope like always, he will continue to entertain us.