1. Not only is ABBA one of the most legendary pop bands of all time, but the quartet are also the most popular act to ever get their break on Eurovision! The band, who performed their smash-hit Waterloo at the Eurovision Song Contest 1974, is undoubtedly the most successful Eurovision winner of all time!
2. Succeeding in an English-speaking market is still not easy for a foreign act. But that was no challenge for ABBA, the Swedes who took the globe by storm! In fact, Mamma Mia managed to top the charts in UK and be the most played song on American radio in 1975!
3. It takes artists decades of working hard just to enjoy their 15 minutes of fame. However, ABBA managed to make a lasting impression in just 13 years. The band, which was active between 1970 and 1983, is still revered as one of the most iconic acts of all time. And that’s no easy feat when it comes to pop music!
4. When you have a whole musical film dedicated to your work, you know you’re doing something right. When Meryl Streep is in that film, you know you’ve made it. Named after one of the band’s biggest hits, 2008’s Mamma Mia! brought together Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and Stellan Skarsgard on one screen! If that’s not iconic, then we don’t know what is!
5. Many bands have tribute bands, but tribute acts are rarely successful by themselves. One exception to the rule is Platinum, the ABBA tribute band.
If a tribute band is so good, you know that the original has got to be iconic. Though we might not be able to see ABBA live anymore, watching Platinum is a very real possibility if you’re in Mumbai. So, what are you still waiting for? Book your tickets for Platinum – The Live ABBA Tribute Show, now!