No film in recent times has struck a chord while delivering gripping and engaging content, as much as director K. V. Anand’s ‘Anegan‘. The film alters between two different eras while predominantly focusing on the ’80s. Anegan features Dhanush, as Ashwin, who is made to believe that Madhu (Amyra Dastur) is his one true love. Anegan takes one of Indian cinema’s most popular themes of that period – the reincarnation drama – and sets it around this very idea, but in an entirely new plot, filled with several twists.
More in Film Reviews
- Valerian and the City of Thousand Planets: Film Review – Stunning!
Verdict: A visual spectacle admist a space adventure. A human being's curiosity about the worlds amongst the stars knows no bounds....July 28, 2017
- Mubarakan: Film Review – A Big Fat Entertainer
Verdict: A quintessential Bollywood comedy that cracks you up. Aneez Bazmi is known for his comedy movies that surround the set-up...July 28, 2017
- Raag Desh: Film Review – Brotherhood at its best
Verdict: A gritty portrayal of India’s freedom struggle. India was under the British rule for years and while many events about...July 28, 2017
- Baaraat Company: Film Review – You Are Cordially Invited
Verdict: A one-time watch with ample dose of love and laugh. Wedding-themed films are not new in Bollywood. And almost every...July 28, 2017
- Indu Sarkar: Film Review – A Smartly Told Story
Verdict: Bhandarkar's tale is layered. Pay attention. Firstly, Indu Sarkar's release should be a joyous moment, considering the heavy censorship that...July 28, 2017
- Basheerinte Premalekhanam: Film Review – A Romantic Story That Fizzles Out
Verdict: A film that makes you nostalgic, well a little. Aneesh Anwar's fourth film has just released. Basheerinte Premalekhanam is jointly written by Shinod,...July 21, 2017
- Vikram Vedha: Film Review – A Nail-biting Cat-and-Mouse Game
Verdict: R. Madhavan and Vijay Sethupathi make it hard to decide who is better. Gangster films are not new to us....July 21, 2017
- Thug Life Film Review: Meet the Good-Hearted Thugs
Verdict: Harish Verma tries hard to induce life into an ordinary con story The greed for money makes even the innocent...July 21, 2017
- Munna Michael: Film Review – Tiger is a Dancing Machine!
Verdict: The commercial masala we have been craving this whole year! Director Sabbir Khan is back with his favorite boy Tiger...July 21, 2017