Remember the Marvel superhero who would effortlessly fight off his enemies, while delivering the wittiest lines? Well, that may be every Marvel superhero, but this one is special. He has the ability to shrink in size while increasing in strength. He doesn’t need a shield, an armor or a weapon. All he has is a fantastic suit made by a crazy scientist, who trained him to become the superhero Ant-Man.
Now, Ant-Man is back! He (Paul Rudd) will be seen in the next Marvel movie Captain America: Civil War, fighting alongside Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) and Falcon (Anthony Mackie). If you watched the post-credits scene of the Ant-Man movie, you’ll remember Falcon talking to Steve about a mission that Ant-Man would help them complete. This mission will be uncovered in the new Captain America movie, set to release in May.
But that’s not all! Marvel has officially confirmed that a sequel to the 2015 movie is currently in works. The new movie, titled ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ will be the first Marvel movie on a female superhero. If you are as excited as we are, read on to know more about the next Ant-Man movie:
What We Know:
1. Suit up!Evangeline Lilly will resume the role of Hope van Dyne. But there’s more… in this movie, she finally dons the suit of the Wasp. We’ve already seen her play a badass fugitive on the TV show Lost and a badass elf in The Hobbit, and now can’t wait to see her become the badass superhero that she is.
2. Too many cooks…make a huge meal! The film is being written by an array of writers, including director Peyton Reed himself. The other writers include Ant-Man Paul Rudd, Adam McKay, Gabriel Ferrari and Andre Barrer. With these creative geniuses at work, expect to see stuff that you have never seen before.
3. Block your calendars now! Marvel has confirmed that Ant-Man and the Wasp will open in theaters on July 6, 2018, which was the original release date for another Marvel movie Black Panther. Black Panther’s release date has now been moved to February 16, 2018.
What We Expect:
1. Search for the lost: In the Ant-Man movie, Lang disappears into the subatomic quantum realm, yet manages to come back into the real world, alive and safe. This causes Hank Pym to speculate whether his wife could be alive, too. We’re hoping that the new movie will reveal the whereabouts of Janet van Dyne, and reunite her with her husband.
2. Realm-travelling: We would love to explore the subatomic quantum realm in search of Janet van Dyne, where she disappeared while disabling a Soviet nuclear missile. The travel from realm to realm was recently seen in the animation flick Kung Fu Panda 3, and we’re hoping Ant-Man and the Wasp would do the same, only with more action and mind-boggling elements.
3. Villains of the quantum realm: Ant-Man has definitely proven that size does not matter. We hope that the new movie will have him and the Wasp fighting the villains of the subatomic quantum realm to save her mother. These ruthless villains would be microscopic, and thus tougher to defeat, making the fight even more marvelous to watch.
4. One word – Luis: It was hardly surprising to see Paul Rudd pulling off the brilliance of Ant-Man, but Michael Pena, who plays Scott’s friend, Luis, stole the show. He managed to keep us chuckling throughout the movie with his hilarious lines. We would definitely want more of him in the next movie, too!
We can no longer wait for 2018! If you want to see more of Ant-Man, here is the post credits scene of the movie: