Amar Chitra Katha, the pioneers in India for comic books and illustrated works of literature, has created one of the largest pavilions ever built in India’s popular culture conventions. They have photobooth, Quizzes, Puppeteers, Storytelling competitions and much more at Bangalore Comic Con.
– With just around a year left for Star Wars: Episode VII (Releasing in December 2015); One of the major highlight of the event is Star Wars Experiential Zone. It is the first of its kind experience zone created to enthrall the fan boys. The Star Wars zone is designed to resemble the bridge of a star destroyer with snazzy and futuristic display, equipped with Star Wars weapons, character figurines and inspired art. Padawans can feel the Force with the iconic lightsabers and on first day of convention, fans seemed really happy and excited getting themselves clicked as the experience was like never before!
– Scholastic did an official India Launch of About Star Wars! From Explosive to interactive Pop Up Guides, Digest, Novel & Non-Fiction Books, etc they have it all!
– Kids and adults dressed as their favourite comic, superhero and gaming characters.
– Workshops with creators, artists and writers of popular comics and graphic novels.
– Around 5 New Exclusive Book Launches!
– Over 120 Participants-brought local, national and international content
– Merchandise from across the world
– Sessions with Leading Artists, Writers & Publishers from India & Abroad
Bangalore, September 13’ 2014 – The day 2 of Bangalore Comic Con organized by Comic Con India saw a great turnout of fans from across all age groups. Bangalore Comic Con 2014 is the first event organised post the joint venture announced between Comic Con India and Reed Exhibitions. The 3 day fest which started on Sept 12 will be going on till tomorrow(Sept 14) at White Orchid Convention Centre. Spread across 40000 Sq foot of area, this is the biggest pop culture event of the year!
Some of the best International Authors and Artists have come especially for this 3 day convention. Dan Parent, an American comic book artist and writer best known for his work for Archies Comics; David Lloyd, a British comics artist best known as the illustrator of the story V for Vendetta; Rob-Denbleykar, Co-Creater of Cyanide and Happiness; Peter Kruper, an American cartoonist and illustrator, Best known for his work in Spy vs. Spy series; can be seen attending and taking special sessions at Bangalore Comic Con.
Bangalore Comic Con 2014 has plans to host one of its kind, interactive and experiential 50 Hours of Programming through panels, launches, gaming, video hangouts and more.
Fans who come dressed as their favorite comics characters always steal the show. And this year as always, COSPLAYERS will win tons of prizes under these 5 categories created to increase one’s chances of winning gifts. Each day, one winner was chosen from each of five categories:
1. Comic book/graphic novel
2. Animated Series/Movie
All 3 days, One lucky winner out of the chosen 5 can win A ticket to CHICAGO COMIC & ENTERTAINMENT EXPO 2015 and an XBOX ONE!
Increased presence of International content is a highlight at this convention. There are International Exhibitors like Cyanide & Happiness, a famous webcomic and 3D Sense Animation, a leading digital arts school in Asia, bringing international content from all across the globe, especially for Bangalore.
Fans got a chance to own their favorite Star Wars character inspired merchandise at Bangalore Comic Con. At the convention,Scholastic launched a wide range of books for adults as well as kids, and Jasmine Apparels launched a range of Star Wars and Marvel inspired caps. Popular online fashion brand, Myntra also launched an elaborate range of Star Wars t-shirts.