The globally popular Broadway-style musicals aren’t a common fare of entertainment in India. In fact, we got our first taste of grand scale, live entertainment musicals in 2015, when Disney’s Beauty and the Beast came to the Indian stage. Now, it’s time for yet another breathtaking spectacle as Disney’s Aladdin is being reimagined by BookMyShow for the Indian audiences. A bunch of talented, hand-picked local cast and crew is working towards putting together a locally-relevant show while retaining the spirit and grandeur of the original Broadway show. The Broadway-style musical will open to the audiences at Jamshed Bhabha Theatre, NCPA, from 20th April onwards.
So while we wait with baited breath for the Broadway-style musical, here are five reasons why Genie from Disney’s Aladdin is the best character and the best friend we could ever hope for:
1. He'll drop everything to be there for you when you need him.
2. He's not afraid to tell you like it is.
3. He makes you feel good about yourself.
4. He cheers you on.
5. He gives great advice.
6. He'll randomly break into song and dance with you.
7. He's a big, lovable goofball.
8. He can get you out of tight situations.
9. And he's got magic, which is pretty cool.
Genie and his friends are coming to Mumbai this April. Have you booked your tickets for Disney’s Aladdin yet? If you still need convincing, read more on why you should catch this Broadway-style musical and experience the magical extravaganza!