Gerard Butler talks about his latest film, second chances and more!
1. Your new film, Playing for Keeps, talks about the pursuit of ‘what one really wants’. What do you REALLY WANT in your life that you could do anything for?
I take it as it comes but yes there are a lot of resemblance between George’s journey and the journey of an actor. Also probably to my journey, someone who is in the spotlight and who does have to fight a little harder to get past that to find what is deeper and more meaningful in life.
2. Out of all the films you have worked on in the past, which one is the closest to Gerard Butler in real life?
Playing for Keeps is one of the films that are closest to my heart at the moment. This film has a lot of emotions and humor too. It talks to us about what we really want in life. The father & son relation in this film has so much emotion and bond in it.
3. Which is your favorite film?
Apocalypse Now is my all time favorite
4. How was it like working with three seasoned actresses – Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones & Jessica Biel on the same set?
It was amazing. All three actresses are beautiful and I don’t think I could have asked for a better cast. It’s been a major heist to get them all involved in the movie; we have the cream of the crop.”
5. Whatever happens, life goes on… have you ever wished for a second chance at something that may have gone not-right?
I have learnt from every mistake that I have made in my life, there were times when I wished that I hadn’t done something but I needed to make those mistakes to learn from them.
About PLAYING FOR KEEPS
Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Dennis Quaid star in Playing For Keeps a romantic comedy about a charming, down-on-his luck former soccer star (Butler) who returns home to put his life back together. Looking for a way to rebuild his relationship with his son, he gets roped into coaching the boy`s soccer team. But his attempts to finally become an `adult` are met with hilarious challenges from the attractive `soccer moms` who pursue him at every turn. Playing For Keeps is directed by Gabriele Muccino, the director of The Pursuit of Happyness.