Happy birthday to Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr. or as he is popularly known – Snoop Dogg. What a guy! From Snoop Dogg to Snoop Lion and back to Snoop Dogg, the rapper began his career in the early 90s. He was discovered by Dr. Dre who prominently featured him throughout his solo debut album, The Chronic (1992). Snoop has since sold over twenty-three million albums in the United States and thirty-five million albums worldwide. Wicked, Dogg!
Snoop also holds the dubious distinction of having 17 Grammy nominations without a win, the most of any artist. No worries, dog. We still love you, mister chill. Today on his birthday, we've listed out some of his best quotes over the years. Some are funny, some make sense, and some are just… well, check 'em out for yourself. Also, you deserve to watch this video.
1. When I'm no longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.
2. You've got to always go back in time if you want to move forward.
3. Be your own leader, be your own self, step out of my shadows and be your own person.
4. It ain't no fun if the homies can't have none.
5. It's so easy for a kid to join a gang, to do drugs… we should make it that easy to be involved in football and academics.
6. The more medicated, the more dedicated.
7. Even if it's flipping hamburgers at McDonald's, be the best hamburger flipper in the world. Whatever it is you do you have to master your craft.
8. Sometimes a loss is the best thing that can happen. It teaches you what you should have done next time.
9. I love making music and I'm falling in love with making records, so it's like having two girlfriends. But I can handle it.
10. I just change with the times. I really don't have a say in what's going on. Music was here before me.