The largest, most important festival of bikers, bikes, music and mayhem in India is all set to be held in Goa at Vagator on February 20 and 21, 2015. Over 10,000 riders and bike enthusiasts are expected to ride cross-country to Goa to celebrate the spirit and lifestyle of the Indian Biking community. India Bike Week (IBW) has already engaged the biking brotherhood with a 6-month season of activities. Several Chai & Pakoda rides and the just-kick-started India Bike Week On Tour, for instance, are culminating into one great party in Goa. Can’t wait for IBW 2015? Read on for a few highlights of the festival.
- Shell Big Trip: Hear stories from over 15 legendary Indian and international motorcycle travelers – Grant & Susan Johnson (Horizons Unlimited, the most popular network of motorcyclists, Canada), Rashmi Thambe (Editor, Global Women Who Ride), Avinash Thadani, Roshni Sharma, Sheonagh Ravensdale (Womens International Motorcycle Association), Deepak Thimmoji, Sushant Shetty, Kedarnath, Major Gen. VK Iyer, Sangeetha Jairam, Gokulram, Frank Voellm, Om Vaikul (winner of the Wrangler True Wanderer 3.0 competition), and many more; check out their ride videos and photo exhibits, even camp with some of the guys from Motorcycle Travelers Meet who come back to IBW for the second year, who are curating the Shell Big Trip.
- This zone also integrates the Motorcycle Movie Festival, an adventure travel gear and motorcycle expo, the Ladakh Tent and the Zippo Lounge for fun games and contests such as the Zippo Be The Man games and the Zippo Flame of Freedom contest for deserving bikers and a Zippo Lighter Design competition.
- Women’s Travelers Meet (WTM) invites, inspires and equips other women to travel on motorcycles. It will be jointly conducted by our women Big Trip speakers, and other established ladies biker groups such as Bikernis (India’s largest women bikers club) and individuals who are promoting safe riding for women – Sarika Mehta (Ducati sponsored Ride for Safety across 8 countries), Riderni Anjaly Rajan and Labdi Shah.
- The Great Indian Trail (GrIT) – The launch of this crowd-sourced web-based repository of the most scenic roads, ride and cultural experiences, places to stay and eat across India. The Great Indian Trail will provide content for the “Shell Rides to IBW” feature for India Bike Week riders.
- Long Haul Ride winners – IBW will identify exceptional rides covered by people in their individual capacity like Shaheen Basheer, who has completed 30,000 kms in 3.5 months on his Harley-Davidson Street™ 750, Harley owner Puru Manvi, who has undertaken a Pan-India ride starting from Mumbai and culminating at IBW Goa over a period of 1.5 months, or Jerry Philips, a 51 year old who is spreading the message of ‘Swacch Bharath’ across villages and towns panning over 25,000 kms in 2.5 months. The 3rd India H.O.G. ® Rally, will lead the IBW festival on February 19th. The rally is expected to witness the largest number of Harley-Davidson riders in India, coming together to celebrate 5 years of the brand in the country.
- IBW Bike Build off – in its third edition and the only competition of its kind in India for professional custom bike builders, Builders create a custom design and create the bike from scratch. This year it only gets bigger, better and fiercer. Come witness the biggest and the most authentic bike build off in India. Crowned emperors from last year Moto Exotica and Reza Hussain Customs will be coming back this season to defend their title and battle 3 other shortlisted entrants from 25 registered entries to the IBW Bike Build Off 2015 Call for Entry. The Bike Builders Collective at IBW brings together the best Custom Bike Builders in one place, facilitating an exchange of ideas and exposure to international legends in this area such as Ace Cafe’s Mark Wilsmore. The Mod Bike competition is to identify the trends and the best bikes built in the past year.
- Ace Cafe, London will be at India Bike Week – The original Rocker Mark Wilsmore from Ace Cafe will be at Goa and leading a Cafe Racer parade through the festival. Mr. Wilsmore will be reminiscing about his experiences during his rocker days at the Shell Big Trip, judging competitions and spending time with his fans at IBW.
- IBW Arena: The biggest Expo for bikers for established brands to accessories for bikers proprietor manufacturers, Service Camps, safety sessions, Bikini Babe Bike Wash, new bike unveils such as an iconic Triumph model… the moves, the madness!
- The Vintage & Classic Bike Concourse will form a part of over 100 bikes on display at IBW and will feature unique and rarely displayed heritage pieces like the Ariel Redhunter, BSA Rocket Goldstar, Norton Dominator, RE Constellation 650, BSA Golden Flash sourced from collectors across the country. An addition to the section is the Indian Heritage Class featuring examples like Enfield Mofa, Jawa 350, Enfield Fantabulous. Our manufacturer partners will be displaying legendary motorcycles and make available selective models across Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Benelli, Aprilia and Harley-Davidson for test rides.
- 5 Music stages (DSK Benelli Rock stage, the Red Bull Tour Bus, Jameson headliners on Main Stage) headlined by BabyHead and featuring several Biker bands, Blackstratblues, Sound Avatar Vs DJ SA, Siddharth Basrur, Ox7gen – over 7 Bars including the Jameson Howling Dog Bar, a Beer-bulance, Bicycle Jousting challenge, Air Rifle Range, 10 different food outlets serving Momos and barbequed spare ribs, Italian Coffee, Limón cellos and Gelatos, to Goan-Sausage pau burgers and many more!
- IBW National Stunt Championship Finals: The Finals is where the shortlisted stunt teams from the India Bike Week on Tour events conducted across 8 cities will battle each other, and a final winner will be announced. The shortlisted teams were chosen by Aras Gibieza, two time European Stunt Champion and Red Bull athlete, during the Stunt Championship elimination round at the India Bike Week on Tour events.
- Gentleman’s Ride in association with Gentlemen’s Quarterly (GQ) magazine in aid of Magic Bus – We will be riding for charity with celebrity riders and bike enthusiasts such as Gaurav Gill (Rally Champion), Yuvraj Singh, MD’s of bike manufacturing companies and many more as they get together and ride to a secret destination in Goa. Each rider will contribute Rs. 20,000 to Magic Bus for the cause of providing equal opportunities for underprivileged kids.
- Contests and Engagement:
Shoot Your Journey – Make a stunning video or send us pictures of any motorcycle journey – and win gifts like a Go Pro camera.
Dyno Wars – Dyno test to choose the most powerful bike at IBW across different categories
Zippo Be The Man Games – fun games judged by women to identify the strongest men at IBW
Zippo Endurance Arena for inter bike club games conducted by Cross Fit Trainer Shivohum involving lifting tree trunks, pulling a fully laden Mahindra Thar
IBW Burn Outs
IBW Loudest Bike
Live Art by Vespa art competition winners – a 40’ canvas will be painted by artists chosen from a Pan India art competition by Vespa
Vespa Beach Crawl – 6- 8 Vespa scooters will be available for IBW guests to experience a shack-to-shack experience across North Goa led by an IBW shack guide.
Bike Parades – groups of bikers from nearly 80 different clubs – Mod Vespa groups to Café Racers, vintage and classic bike groups, KTM groups, several superbike clubs, Triumph owners, Kawasaki Ninja Owners Group (KNOG), the HOG parade which will feature the largest congregation of 2,000 Harleys ever in India, Hy-Riders (Hyosung), Brotherhood of Bulleteers Motorcycling Consortium community for Royal Enfield will feature here. Leading IBW on Feb 19th will be the India HOG Rally where Harley-Davidson India owners will gather to celebrate 5 years of the brand in India.
- Honour Roll – IBW will felicitate the leading legends from the community from Racing, Innovation and Mechanics. In the past people such as Deepa Mallik, Anthony Ollukaran, Bullet Bose, Zubin Patel, Aspi Bhathena, Ashish Moudghil and John Singh have been honoured. One can look forward to similar stalwarts on stage as well as a chance to meet and talk to them about their achievements.
- Camping & Accommodation – Cliff-top camping overlooking Vagator beach for solo riders to gangs of riders starting from Rs 2,703 for two nights. Walking out of your tent and seeing the blue of the Indian Ocean spread out before you, as well as the sprawling festival grounds, promises to be an experience like no other. There are also additional travel & accommodation packages available that will have rooms ranging from Rs. 800 for dormitories to hotel rooms going up to Rs 8,000 per night.