- At any point of time in the Mumbai Indians’ dugout, there are more mentors, idols, philosophical masters, self-appointed agony aunts, conditioning coaches, speeches and brave plans around than on a table at Gokuls’ bar in Colaba on a weeknight.
- The only reason Chris Gayle is still playing this year’s T20 cricket league is SWAG, YOLO and free Cuban cigars.
- If Virat Kohli swapped his RCB outfit for the national uniform, he’d have been scoring runs in a losing cause instead of not scoring runs at all.
- If Corey Anderson magically morphed into Richard Levi in the next MI game, nobody would notice.
- The Australians suffer from the Anti-Kohli syndrome, where they’re the stars of a domestic sub-continental T20 tournament, but fail to show up in slightly more important international events…like World Cups.
- Delhi Daredevils are the Rahul Gandhis of T20 cricket league cricket.
- Kevin Pieterson is still trying to figure out what he is doing wrong by playing Vijay and Karthik in the same team.
- Duminy figured it out long ago—because they are rubbish batsmen.
- In the afterlife, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid are finally pulling one over Sachin Tendulkar… as ‘mentors’.
- Gambhir must be ruing the day he decided to promote Uthappa to the opening slot with him for KKR. Uthappa is now the no. 1 contender for India if Dhawan or Rohit decide to plunge to further depths.
- NASA, ISI, SY and ISRO have all been commissioned to decipher the mechanism behind the mysterious workings of the FAIRPLAY STANDINGS point-allocation. So far, only Harbhajan Singh has been able to come up with a substantial explanation: “When it rains, it pours”, with a bit of expletive thrown in.
- Uthappa’s 7 consecutive 40+ scores , resulting in 5 consecutive KKR wins, is only second to Gambhir’s 3 consecutive ducks in the first 3 games as a streak this year. KKR are born to entertain, much like their owner.
- By the end of T20 cricket league, RCB and DD could be the only teams left without a tournament win to their names.
- Shastri’s ability to clearly say the word ‘Kanna Keep Calm’ without stuttering is only matched by Siva’s ability to go through a 6-minute commentating stint without alcohol withdrawals.
- Rameez Raja seems to be channeling his inner Asad Rauf. They even look alike now.
- It is only a matter of time before Danny Morrison stars in the next Hobbit movie.
- Shibani Dandekar is to IPL what Preity Zinta is to Bollywood.
- Sehwag’s evening strolls in the field are getting more hectic when grandchildren like Vohra accompany him with such eagerness.
- Ashwin is to fielding what AB is to dropped catches.
- It is only a matter of time before Munaf Patel joins Sanjay Bangar’s support staff, as one of the mental conditioning coaches.
More in Cricket
- T20 Cricket Squad Previews, 2017: RCB and RPS
It’s now two weeks away. The 10th edition of the Indian T20 Cricket League is already throwing up a few early...March 22, 2017
- Psychological Travails of an Indian Cricket Fan
Day 1, Ranchi Test There goes another toss. I don’t even know what to expect from this pitch. This smaller-venue-debut strategy...March 21, 2017
- Indian T20 League: In Numbers
The 10th edition of the Indian T20 league begins on April 5th, 2017. The first match will be between last year’s...March 17, 2017
- T20 League Team Preview: Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils
With three weeks to go for the landmark 10th edition of the world’s Premier T20 cricket league to begin, it’s time...March 15, 2017
- Preview: 3rd Test, India v/s Australia, Ranchi
Border-Gavaskar Trophy A lot seems to have happened since the World No. 1 and No. 2 Test teams squared off –...March 14, 2017
- India vs Australia: The Miracle at Bengaluru
2nd test cricket match, India v/s Australia, Border-Gavaskar Trophy Till lunch on the fourth day, Virat Kohli was a perplexed...March 8, 2017
- The Curious Transition of AB de Villiers
Last month, I was at the Wanderers Cricket Ground in Johannesburg. It was the third ODI between South Africa and Sri...March 1, 2017
- The Sports Week That Was and Will Be
While a bunch of Oscar-nominated contenders make their way into Indian screens on the eve of the 89th Academy Awards –...February 24, 2017
- Another Year, Another Grand T20 Auction
The Premier T20 league in world cricket is less than two months away, once again. This means, on Monday, all paths...February 22, 2017