- At any point of time in the Mumbai Indians’ dugout, there are more mentors, idols, philosophical masters, self-appointed agony aunts, conditioning coaches, speeches and brave plans around than on a table at Gokuls’ bar in Colaba on a weeknight.
- The only reason Chris Gayle is still playing this year’s T20 cricket league is SWAG, YOLO and free Cuban cigars.
- If Virat Kohli swapped his RCB outfit for the national uniform, he’d have been scoring runs in a losing cause instead of not scoring runs at all.
- If Corey Anderson magically morphed into Richard Levi in the next MI game, nobody would notice.
- The Australians suffer from the Anti-Kohli syndrome, where they’re the stars of a domestic sub-continental T20 tournament, but fail to show up in slightly more important international events…like World Cups.
- Delhi Daredevils are the Rahul Gandhis of T20 cricket league cricket.
- Kevin Pieterson is still trying to figure out what he is doing wrong by playing Vijay and Karthik in the same team.
- Duminy figured it out long ago—because they are rubbish batsmen.
- In the afterlife, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid are finally pulling one over Sachin Tendulkar… as ‘mentors’.
- Gambhir must be ruing the day he decided to promote Uthappa to the opening slot with him for KKR. Uthappa is now the no. 1 contender for India if Dhawan or Rohit decide to plunge to further depths.
- NASA, ISI, SY and ISRO have all been commissioned to decipher the mechanism behind the mysterious workings of the FAIRPLAY STANDINGS point-allocation. So far, only Harbhajan Singh has been able to come up with a substantial explanation: “When it rains, it pours”, with a bit of expletive thrown in.
- Uthappa’s 7 consecutive 40+ scores , resulting in 5 consecutive KKR wins, is only second to Gambhir’s 3 consecutive ducks in the first 3 games as a streak this year. KKR are born to entertain, much like their owner.
- By the end of T20 cricket league, RCB and DD could be the only teams left without a tournament win to their names.
- Shastri’s ability to clearly say the word ‘Kanna Keep Calm’ without stuttering is only matched by Siva’s ability to go through a 6-minute commentating stint without alcohol withdrawals.
- Rameez Raja seems to be channeling his inner Asad Rauf. They even look alike now.
- It is only a matter of time before Danny Morrison stars in the next Hobbit movie.
- Shibani Dandekar is to IPL what Preity Zinta is to Bollywood.
- Sehwag’s evening strolls in the field are getting more hectic when grandchildren like Vohra accompany him with such eagerness.
- Ashwin is to fielding what AB is to dropped catches.
- It is only a matter of time before Munaf Patel joins Sanjay Bangar’s support staff, as one of the mental conditioning coaches.
More in Cricket
- All Aboard The Mumbai Indians Train
There were many things happening around the sports world on Sunday night. 20-year-old German player Alexandr Zverev won the Rome...May 22, 2017
- Preview, Qualifier 2: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders
Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore On Tuesday night, Mumbai Indians suffered its third consecutive derby loss to Steve Smith’s Rising Pune Supergiant. This...May 18, 2017
- Preview: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders
Eliminator 1, Bangalore Last year, at this very stage, the third and fourth-placed teams from the group stages faced each other...May 16, 2017
- Playoffs Preview: Mumbai Indians v/s Rising Pune Supergiant
May 16, Wankhede Stadium Mumbai And there we have it. After 56 matches of the tenth edition of the Indian...May 15, 2017
- New Chris On The Block
Initially, many Indian fans thought that Chris Lynn, the Queenslander who was a perpetual presence on the bench, or in the...May 10, 2017
- India’s Champions Trophy Squad: Safety First
On Monday, the Indian selectors announced the 15-man squad traveling to England for the 2017 Champions Trophy to defend their 50-over...May 9, 2017
- Indian T20 League: Five Indian Youngsters for the Future
With around three games to go for each team, it’s more or less clear already which four teams could qualify for...May 5, 2017
- What Happened To Royal Challengers Bangalore?
Ten games into the tenth edition of the Indian T20 league for Virat Kohli’s Royal Challengers Bangalore, and it’s all over...May 2, 2017
- Irfan Pathan: The Lost World
Debut as a teenager in India’s famous Adelaide Test victory in 2003. The only ever Test hattrick in the first over...April 27, 2017