- At any point of time in the Mumbai Indians’ dugout, there are more mentors, idols, philosophical masters, self-appointed agony aunts, conditioning coaches, speeches and brave plans around than on a table at Gokuls’ bar in Colaba on a weeknight.
- The only reason Chris Gayle is still playing this year’s T20 cricket league is SWAG, YOLO and free Cuban cigars.
- If Virat Kohli swapped his RCB outfit for the national uniform, he’d have been scoring runs in a losing cause instead of not scoring runs at all.
- If Corey Anderson magically morphed into Richard Levi in the next MI game, nobody would notice.
- The Australians suffer from the Anti-Kohli syndrome, where they’re the stars of a domestic sub-continental T20 tournament, but fail to show up in slightly more important international events…like World Cups.
- Delhi Daredevils are the Rahul Gandhis of T20 cricket league cricket.
- Kevin Pieterson is still trying to figure out what he is doing wrong by playing Vijay and Karthik in the same team.
- Duminy figured it out long ago—because they are rubbish batsmen.
- In the afterlife, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid are finally pulling one over Sachin Tendulkar… as ‘mentors’.
- Gambhir must be ruing the day he decided to promote Uthappa to the opening slot with him for KKR. Uthappa is now the no. 1 contender for India if Dhawan or Rohit decide to plunge to further depths.
- NASA, ISI, SY and ISRO have all been commissioned to decipher the mechanism behind the mysterious workings of the FAIRPLAY STANDINGS point-allocation. So far, only Harbhajan Singh has been able to come up with a substantial explanation: “When it rains, it pours”, with a bit of expletive thrown in.
- Uthappa’s 7 consecutive 40+ scores , resulting in 5 consecutive KKR wins, is only second to Gambhir’s 3 consecutive ducks in the first 3 games as a streak this year. KKR are born to entertain, much like their owner.
- By the end of T20 cricket league, RCB and DD could be the only teams left without a tournament win to their names.
- Shastri’s ability to clearly say the word ‘Kanna Keep Calm’ without stuttering is only matched by Siva’s ability to go through a 6-minute commentating stint without alcohol withdrawals.
- Rameez Raja seems to be channeling his inner Asad Rauf. They even look alike now.
- It is only a matter of time before Danny Morrison stars in the next Hobbit movie.
- Shibani Dandekar is to IPL what Preity Zinta is to Bollywood.
- Sehwag’s evening strolls in the field are getting more hectic when grandchildren like Vohra accompany him with such eagerness.
- Ashwin is to fielding what AB is to dropped catches.
- It is only a matter of time before Munaf Patel joins Sanjay Bangar’s support staff, as one of the mental conditioning coaches.
More in Cricket
- Ranji Trophy: Three Miraculous Vidarbha-like Seasons
On Sunday, Vidarbha – which is technically not a State but a region in the East of Maharashtra – won their...January 2, 2018
- Indian Cricket In 2018: Big Dates & Predictions
The Indian cricket team had a record-breaking 2017. The numbers are strong – even though they have played all their cricket...December 26, 2017
- Rohit Sharma: Astounding Stats & Figures
On December 13, 2017, a regular and unremarkable Wednesday, Indian ODI opener Rohit Sharma did what he had done on November...December 18, 2017
- Best Batsman: Virat Kohli or Steve Smith?
Cricket fans love cold comparisons. We love comparing statistics across eras, numbers, and match-winning innings – and having a ‘best’ at...December 6, 2017
- The Ashes 2017: A Preview
The biggest cricket series in the world is almost here. It has been more than two years since the oldest rivalry...November 15, 2017
- Top 5 India vs Sri Lanka Test Matches
On the eve of yet another bilateral tour involving two of the most familiar teams in world cricket, it’s time to...November 14, 2017
- T20 Series Preview: India vs New Zealand
New Zealand’s short limited-overs tour of India reaches its T20 stage – with the first out of three T20 matches set...November 1, 2017
- The Wankhede Experience: A Fan’s Account
The first ODI between hosts India and visitors New Zealand took place at Mumbai’s iconic Wankhede Stadium on Sunday. As is...October 24, 2017
- India v/s New Zealand, 2017: ODI Series Preview
A week after Australia’s not-so-successful limited-overs tour of India (they lost the ODI series 4-1 and drew the T20 series 1-1),...October 14, 2017