- At any point of time in the Mumbai Indians’ dugout, there are more mentors, idols, philosophical masters, self-appointed agony aunts, conditioning coaches, speeches and brave plans around than on a table at Gokuls’ bar in Colaba on a weeknight.
- The only reason Chris Gayle is still playing this year’s T20 cricket league is SWAG, YOLO and free Cuban cigars.
- If Virat Kohli swapped his RCB outfit for the national uniform, he’d have been scoring runs in a losing cause instead of not scoring runs at all.
- If Corey Anderson magically morphed into Richard Levi in the next MI game, nobody would notice.
- The Australians suffer from the Anti-Kohli syndrome, where they’re the stars of a domestic sub-continental T20 tournament, but fail to show up in slightly more important international events…like World Cups.
- Delhi Daredevils are the Rahul Gandhis of T20 cricket league cricket.
- Kevin Pieterson is still trying to figure out what he is doing wrong by playing Vijay and Karthik in the same team.
- Duminy figured it out long ago—because they are rubbish batsmen.
- In the afterlife, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid are finally pulling one over Sachin Tendulkar… as ‘mentors’.
- Gambhir must be ruing the day he decided to promote Uthappa to the opening slot with him for KKR. Uthappa is now the no. 1 contender for India if Dhawan or Rohit decide to plunge to further depths.
- NASA, ISI, SY and ISRO have all been commissioned to decipher the mechanism behind the mysterious workings of the FAIRPLAY STANDINGS point-allocation. So far, only Harbhajan Singh has been able to come up with a substantial explanation: “When it rains, it pours”, with a bit of expletive thrown in.
- Uthappa’s 7 consecutive 40+ scores , resulting in 5 consecutive KKR wins, is only second to Gambhir’s 3 consecutive ducks in the first 3 games as a streak this year. KKR are born to entertain, much like their owner.
- By the end of T20 cricket league, RCB and DD could be the only teams left without a tournament win to their names.
- Shastri’s ability to clearly say the word ‘Kanna Keep Calm’ without stuttering is only matched by Siva’s ability to go through a 6-minute commentating stint without alcohol withdrawals.
- Rameez Raja seems to be channeling his inner Asad Rauf. They even look alike now.
- It is only a matter of time before Danny Morrison stars in the next Hobbit movie.
- Shibani Dandekar is to IPL what Preity Zinta is to Bollywood.
- Sehwag’s evening strolls in the field are getting more hectic when grandchildren like Vohra accompany him with such eagerness.
- Ashwin is to fielding what AB is to dropped catches.
- It is only a matter of time before Munaf Patel joins Sanjay Bangar’s support staff, as one of the mental conditioning coaches.
More in Cricket
- India v/s New Zealand, 2017: ODI Series Preview
A week after Australia’s not-so-successful limited-overs tour of India (they lost the ODI series 4-1 and drew the T20 series 1-1),...October 14, 2017
- 5 Famous Sports Brawls That Led To Bans
England’s premier all-rounder Ben Stokes was suspended by the ECB for getting into a late-night brawl outside a Bristol nightclub. A...October 4, 2017
- Top 5 Hat Tricks In The History of Cricket
Earlier this week at Eden Gardens, a young Indian spinner tore through the Australian middle order to take a hat trick...September 27, 2017
- Top 5 India vs Australia ODI Matches of All Time
Last year, for the first time ever, India played a 5-match bilateral ODI series in Australia. For two nations that shared...September 19, 2017
- Five Greatest Test Match Upsets in Cricket History
Last week, Test Cricket lived again. Two simultaneous Test matches concluded in a manner that reiterated why this format remained cricket’s...September 7, 2017
- 9 World Records Virat Kohli Is Destined To Break
On Sunday night, the Virat Kohli-led Indian ODI team executed their first-ever clean sweep in Sri Lanka – demolishing the hosts...September 4, 2017
- 5 Greatest Individual India-Sri Lanka ODI Performances
There is a joke about how the Indian cricket team calls Sri Lanka over for breakfast, lunch, and dinner when it...August 31, 2017
- 3 Reasons ICC Women’s World Cup Was a Game Changer
India needed 38 more runs with seven wickets in hand. Jhulan Goswami had blown England away exactly at this stage in...July 24, 2017
- Three Challenges for Team India Coach Ravi Shastri
After weeks of uncertainty, the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) – consisting of Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman – declared...July 12, 2017