- At any point of time in the Mumbai Indians’ dugout, there are more mentors, idols, philosophical masters, self-appointed agony aunts, conditioning coaches, speeches and brave plans around than on a table at Gokuls’ bar in Colaba on a weeknight.
- The only reason Chris Gayle is still playing this year’s T20 cricket league is SWAG, YOLO and free Cuban cigars.
- If Virat Kohli swapped his RCB outfit for the national uniform, he’d have been scoring runs in a losing cause instead of not scoring runs at all.
- If Corey Anderson magically morphed into Richard Levi in the next MI game, nobody would notice.
- The Australians suffer from the Anti-Kohli syndrome, where they’re the stars of a domestic sub-continental T20 tournament, but fail to show up in slightly more important international events…like World Cups.
- Delhi Daredevils are the Rahul Gandhis of T20 cricket league cricket.
- Kevin Pieterson is still trying to figure out what he is doing wrong by playing Vijay and Karthik in the same team.
- Duminy figured it out long ago—because they are rubbish batsmen.
- In the afterlife, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid are finally pulling one over Sachin Tendulkar… as ‘mentors’.
- Gambhir must be ruing the day he decided to promote Uthappa to the opening slot with him for KKR. Uthappa is now the no. 1 contender for India if Dhawan or Rohit decide to plunge to further depths.
- NASA, ISI, SY and ISRO have all been commissioned to decipher the mechanism behind the mysterious workings of the FAIRPLAY STANDINGS point-allocation. So far, only Harbhajan Singh has been able to come up with a substantial explanation: “When it rains, it pours”, with a bit of expletive thrown in.
- Uthappa’s 7 consecutive 40+ scores , resulting in 5 consecutive KKR wins, is only second to Gambhir’s 3 consecutive ducks in the first 3 games as a streak this year. KKR are born to entertain, much like their owner.
- By the end of T20 cricket league, RCB and DD could be the only teams left without a tournament win to their names.
- Shastri’s ability to clearly say the word ‘Kanna Keep Calm’ without stuttering is only matched by Siva’s ability to go through a 6-minute commentating stint without alcohol withdrawals.
- Rameez Raja seems to be channeling his inner Asad Rauf. They even look alike now.
- It is only a matter of time before Danny Morrison stars in the next Hobbit movie.
- Shibani Dandekar is to IPL what Preity Zinta is to Bollywood.
- Sehwag’s evening strolls in the field are getting more hectic when grandchildren like Vohra accompany him with such eagerness.
- Ashwin is to fielding what AB is to dropped catches.
- It is only a matter of time before Munaf Patel joins Sanjay Bangar’s support staff, as one of the mental conditioning coaches.
More in Cricket
- 3 Reasons ICC Women’s World Cup Was a Game Changer
India needed 38 more runs with seven wickets in hand. Jhulan Goswami had blown England away exactly at this stage in...July 24, 2017
- Three Challenges for Team India Coach Ravi Shastri
After weeks of uncertainty, the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) – consisting of Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman – declared...July 12, 2017
- MS Dhoni: The Finished Finisher
When MS Dhoni walked off the pitch in the penultimate over of the fourth ODI against the West Indies at Antigua,...July 4, 2017
- 5 Young Indian Cricketers For The 2019 World Cup
A week after the Champions Trophy, on India’s limited-overs tour to the West Indies, there have been encouraging signs by way...June 27, 2017
- The Week That Was
With Salman Khan’s Tubelight releasing this weekend, it doesn’t actually matter what happens with the rest of the world. Sports will...June 23, 2017
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017 – Where India Lost The Final
On Sunday at The Oval in London, yet another one-sided, semi-boring match was played between two traditional cricket rivals – just...June 19, 2017
- Champions Trophy Final Preview: India vs Pakistan
On Sunday, exactly two weeks after the first time these two cricket teams played each other in the tournament, they will...June 16, 2017
- CT Semifinals Preview: India vs Bangladesh
June 15, 2017 Birmingham And so we have it. Three Asian cricket teams – the winner of Sri Lanka and Pakistan...June 12, 2017
- Champions Trophy 2017: Judgement Day
Suddenly, the dampest tournament in world cricket has come alive. The unthinkable has happened in Champions Trophy 2017 Group B –...June 9, 2017