- At any point of time in the Mumbai Indians’ dugout, there are more mentors, idols, philosophical masters, self-appointed agony aunts, conditioning coaches, speeches and brave plans around than on a table at Gokuls’ bar in Colaba on a weeknight.
- The only reason Chris Gayle is still playing this year’s T20 cricket league is SWAG, YOLO and free Cuban cigars.
- If Virat Kohli swapped his RCB outfit for the national uniform, he’d have been scoring runs in a losing cause instead of not scoring runs at all.
- If Corey Anderson magically morphed into Richard Levi in the next MI game, nobody would notice.
- The Australians suffer from the Anti-Kohli syndrome, where they’re the stars of a domestic sub-continental T20 tournament, but fail to show up in slightly more important international events…like World Cups.
- Delhi Daredevils are the Rahul Gandhis of T20 cricket league cricket.
- Kevin Pieterson is still trying to figure out what he is doing wrong by playing Vijay and Karthik in the same team.
- Duminy figured it out long ago—because they are rubbish batsmen.
- In the afterlife, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid are finally pulling one over Sachin Tendulkar… as ‘mentors’.
- Gambhir must be ruing the day he decided to promote Uthappa to the opening slot with him for KKR. Uthappa is now the no. 1 contender for India if Dhawan or Rohit decide to plunge to further depths.
- NASA, ISI, SY and ISRO have all been commissioned to decipher the mechanism behind the mysterious workings of the FAIRPLAY STANDINGS point-allocation. So far, only Harbhajan Singh has been able to come up with a substantial explanation: “When it rains, it pours”, with a bit of expletive thrown in.
- Uthappa’s 7 consecutive 40+ scores , resulting in 5 consecutive KKR wins, is only second to Gambhir’s 3 consecutive ducks in the first 3 games as a streak this year. KKR are born to entertain, much like their owner.
- By the end of T20 cricket league, RCB and DD could be the only teams left without a tournament win to their names.
- Shastri’s ability to clearly say the word ‘Kanna Keep Calm’ without stuttering is only matched by Siva’s ability to go through a 6-minute commentating stint without alcohol withdrawals.
- Rameez Raja seems to be channeling his inner Asad Rauf. They even look alike now.
- It is only a matter of time before Danny Morrison stars in the next Hobbit movie.
- Shibani Dandekar is to IPL what Preity Zinta is to Bollywood.
- Sehwag’s evening strolls in the field are getting more hectic when grandchildren like Vohra accompany him with such eagerness.
- Ashwin is to fielding what AB is to dropped catches.
- It is only a matter of time before Munaf Patel joins Sanjay Bangar’s support staff, as one of the mental conditioning coaches.
More in Cricket
- IPL 11: Six Hyped Players Who Have Flopped
Get IPL Tickets here The script isn’t new. Rohit Sharma’s Mumbai Indians have destroyed the Kolkata Knight Riders twice in four...May 10, 2018
- IPL 11: Scenarios for Playoff Qualification
Only last week, excited by the young, unabashed talent in the Delhi Daredevils top order, I had put forth the most...May 7, 2018
- IPL 11: India’s Young XI
Get IPL Tickets here It’s quite ironic. Though the “Dad’s team” Chennai Super Kings are the ones topping the table and looking...May 3, 2018
- IPL 2018: 5 Predictions At Halfway Stage of IPL-11
Just about halfway through the eleventh edition of the Indian Premier League – routinely the trend-setting stage of any IPL tournament...May 2, 2018
- 5 Surprise Stars of IPL 2018
Each of the eight teams has played six games each in the eleventh edition of the Indian Premier League. 24 games...April 26, 2018
- IPL 2018: 5 Problems Plaguing Mumbai Indians
We are almost midway through the group stages of Indian Premier League’s eleventh edition. And though it might sound like a...April 25, 2018
- IPL Preview: Mumbai Indians vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
In the 14th match of the VIVO IPL 2018, two of the Indian Premier League’s most popular T20 teams will face...April 16, 2018
- Opening Lessons From Vivo IPL 11
A lot can be learned about the opening stages of an Indian Premier League season from the way an IPL cricket...April 11, 2018
- VIVO IPL 11: Dream Team XI
With the 11th edition of the biggest domestic cricket tournament in the world just three days away, it’s time to take...April 6, 2018