- At any point of time in the Mumbai Indians’ dugout, there are more mentors, idols, philosophical masters, self-appointed agony aunts, conditioning coaches, speeches and brave plans around than on a table at Gokuls’ bar in Colaba on a weeknight.
- The only reason Chris Gayle is still playing this year’s T20 cricket league is SWAG, YOLO and free Cuban cigars.
- If Virat Kohli swapped his RCB outfit for the national uniform, he’d have been scoring runs in a losing cause instead of not scoring runs at all.
- If Corey Anderson magically morphed into Richard Levi in the next MI game, nobody would notice.
- The Australians suffer from the Anti-Kohli syndrome, where they’re the stars of a domestic sub-continental T20 tournament, but fail to show up in slightly more important international events…like World Cups.
- Delhi Daredevils are the Rahul Gandhis of T20 cricket league cricket.
- Kevin Pieterson is still trying to figure out what he is doing wrong by playing Vijay and Karthik in the same team.
- Duminy figured it out long ago—because they are rubbish batsmen.
- In the afterlife, VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid are finally pulling one over Sachin Tendulkar… as ‘mentors’.
- Gambhir must be ruing the day he decided to promote Uthappa to the opening slot with him for KKR. Uthappa is now the no. 1 contender for India if Dhawan or Rohit decide to plunge to further depths.
- NASA, ISI, SY and ISRO have all been commissioned to decipher the mechanism behind the mysterious workings of the FAIRPLAY STANDINGS point-allocation. So far, only Harbhajan Singh has been able to come up with a substantial explanation: “When it rains, it pours”, with a bit of expletive thrown in.
- Uthappa’s 7 consecutive 40+ scores , resulting in 5 consecutive KKR wins, is only second to Gambhir’s 3 consecutive ducks in the first 3 games as a streak this year. KKR are born to entertain, much like their owner.
- By the end of T20 cricket league, RCB and DD could be the only teams left without a tournament win to their names.
- Shastri’s ability to clearly say the word ‘Kanna Keep Calm’ without stuttering is only matched by Siva’s ability to go through a 6-minute commentating stint without alcohol withdrawals.
- Rameez Raja seems to be channeling his inner Asad Rauf. They even look alike now.
- It is only a matter of time before Danny Morrison stars in the next Hobbit movie.
- Shibani Dandekar is to IPL what Preity Zinta is to Bollywood.
- Sehwag’s evening strolls in the field are getting more hectic when grandchildren like Vohra accompany him with such eagerness.
- Ashwin is to fielding what AB is to dropped catches.
- It is only a matter of time before Munaf Patel joins Sanjay Bangar’s support staff, as one of the mental conditioning coaches.
More in Cricket
- Top 5 One-Hit Wonder Batting Stars
The craft of batting in cricket has arguably seen more evolution than any other area over the last decade. It becomes...January 18, 2017
- Gujarat’s Ranji Trophy Fairytale
A month ago, I stood in one of Ahmedabad’s famous optician stores. I observed the customers as I waited for a...January 17, 2017
- Chinks in India’s ODI Armour
India v/s England, ODI series Result: India win first game to lead 1-0 in 3-match series It ended up becoming...January 16, 2017
- Preview: India v/s England, ODI series
India played only seven ODIs in 2016, and so ex-captain M.S. Dhoni (takes a while to get used to this term) always...January 11, 2017
- Ranji Trophy: A Shaw-shot Superstar
A precocious 13-year-old pint-sized boy holds a bat far too large for him. In fact, his helmet and pads make him...January 10, 2017
- Redialling MS Dhoni, The Finisher
In 2008, on the final day of the fourth and final Test match of the series between India and Australia in...January 5, 2017
- Five Important Cricketing Events In 2017
As of now, two depressingly one-sided tours are underway: Pakistan’s tour of Australia, and Sri Lanka’s tour of South Africa. Both...January 4, 2017
- 2016: A Year in Test Cricket
A few hours ago, Pakistan did a Pakistan, only days after almost chasing down the highest ever Test score against Australia....December 30, 2016
- Karun Nair: The Everyday Hero
5th test, India v/s England, Chennai From the top tier of the Northern Stand at the Wankhede stadium last week, in...December 20, 2016